Quote Originally Posted by The 'Xir
Speaking of underrated, I have Radiohead's 'Hail to the Thief' in right now, and I think it's the best albumn they've put out since OK Computer. Even die hard Radiohead fans are bashing this albumn and I have no I dea why! I think they don't think it's as "smart" as their previous efforts, whatever that means; but we Radiohead fans have been waiting for them to get back to rocking out, and I think this albumn is their progression back to straight forward rock.
Sounds like our tastes are very similar. I feel the same way regarding this album and listen to it on a regular basis. It's my favorite since 'OK Computer' too but thats not to imply that I didn't like 'Kid A' or 'Amnesiac'. 'Hail to the Thief' may not be as groundbreaking but it's quality stuff all the way.

Radiohead is definately one of my favorite bands but I constantly hear people saying their music is to depressing or down beat. I suppose some of their work could be looked at this way but I just appreciate the depth of their songs and find some of their work to be downright haunting. I agree they're underated and still think their sound is fresh and extremely unique compared to what else is out there today. It's been interesting to watch this band mature and they always seem to put out an album that I like to listen to straight through ratrher than skip around to my favorite songs. Hopefully they will be remembered as one of the most innovative bands of our time.