Page 15 of 180 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Re: What are you listening to? (merged)

Yeah, it is. I've not picked it up yet (I'm waiting for Circuit City's annual $9.99 CD sale later this month) but am eagerly anticipating it.

I'm not listening to anything at the moment, but most recently played the Donnas' "Gold Medal" a few times. Great CD!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I don't buy too much new music anymore. Usually old stuff or new CD's by artists I've listened to for a long time. This year I've bought the new PJ Harvey and Frank Black Francis. The latter is kind of interesting. Disc 1 is is a demo of Pixies songs he recorded with just himself and an acoustic guitar before they went into the studio to record the first Pixies album. Disc 2 is a very different take on a lot of classic Pixies tracks. I didn't enjoy them as much, but Disc 1 was worth it for me.

Actually, in the past couple years I've started listening to ambient music. I started listening to this internet station called Astreaux World and really enjoyed it. Since then I've got about 20 CDs of artists I've heard on Astreaux World.

I have a list of nearly all my CDs on the website listed in my signature. There you will also find a link to my internet radio station where I play a lot of that music. Nothing too fancy. About 10 hours of music that repeats itself, but I change a dozen songs a couple times a week.

E-town - Made For War
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Well, those rats at Circuit City did an $11.99 CD sale, so I couldn't get as much cool stuff as I'd wanted to (and passed on more, since it didn't seem to be quite as good a deal).

But I couldn't pass on Smile, and am listening to it for the fifth time in a row.

This was worth the wait.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    This was worth the wait.
    Yeah, it really is. I probably listened to it too much at first, but now after a break, when I put it on I still really enjoy it. A modern classic.

It's even more wonderful knowing just how... errr... nearly impossible it was to get it made. Oddly, I think it has more imapact, or rather, we need it more today than ever. The world certainly needs a smile right now.
    plasticfetish.net

I'm listening to WWE Themeaddict and some songs from John Williams.
    [SIGNATURE]

Besides listening to my neighbors upstairs scream at each other, Men Without Hats - Safety Dance
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

In my cars CD player ive currently got The Cardigans "Lovefool" on repeat. I cant eem to change discs, i keep wanting to hear it. When that song isnt in the slot, i usually have my Temptations CD spinning.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

I'm taking a break from Smile and How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb to go through my collection of Queen albums (missing only the remastered version of the Wembley '86 concert that adds "I Want to Break Free" and maybe a couple of others). I've not listened to them in a couple of years, but used to play almost exclusively Queen and Aerosmith.

I'm currently on The Works. I forgot how great this stuff is! Brian May has got to be the single most underrated axeman on the planet!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aid killer
    In my cars CD player ive currently got The Cardigans "Lovefool" on repeat. I cant eem to change discs, i keep wanting to hear it. When that song isnt in the slot, i usually have my Temptations CD spinning.
    That's a good album. I like the cover of "Iron Man". I like their album Gran Turismo better though. I've not heard their other stuff though.