Page 17 of 179 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Re: What are you listening to? (merged)

Yes it was Meddle, and it wasnt Piuper at the Gates of Dawn it was Sucerful of Secrets and it also comes with a Early Singles CD.

http://pinkfloydhyperbase.dk/albums/shineon.htm
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Yes it was Meddle, and it wasnt Piuper at the Gates of Dawn it was Sucerful of Secrets and it also comes with a Early Singles CD.

http://pinkfloydhyperbase.dk/albums/shineon.htm
    Looks like a nice set. Saucer is an odd pick, only because I think Piper is a better album. Too bad I've most of those (I have Saucer on tape only), that Early Singles disk has some rare stuff I don't have and am not sure I could buy else where.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Yeah its real nice, I have it. It comes with a sweet book in it too and some postcards. The early singles has some of Barretts work on it. Real good stuff.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

I currently have Rick James "Mary Jane" playing whenever i drive around. I occasionally play "Give it to me" too. Nothing gets KAK ready for another grueling day like songs about the green leaf and groupie love.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

I currently have "The Very Best of Frank Sinatra" 2 disc set in the car. Oddly I was turned onto Sinatra and a few of the other Rat Pack by the "on hold" music my employeer used for almost 3 years straight. I couldn't get "Summer Wind" out of my head so I bought a collection of his stuff.

For you Pink Floyd fans, I've been thinking about buying an early PF album (pre-Animals) but don't know what to get. Any recommendations?
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port
    For you Pink Floyd fans, I've been thinking about buying an early PF album (pre-Animals) but don't know what to get. Any recommendations?
    So you're after pre Animals stuff? Wish You Were Here and Dark Side of the Moon are both great pre Animals albums (you're Floyd fan and don't have Dark Side?).
    Early Pink Floyd tens to be pre Dark Side. Meddle is a good album and I like Atom Heart Mother (but I wouldn't recommend it off the bat). The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, their first album, is good but a little weird. I hope that helps some.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I currently have "The Very Best of Frank Sinatra" 2 disc set in the car. Oddly I was turned onto Sinatra and a few of the other Rat Pack by the "on hold" music my employeer used for almost 3 years straight. I couldn't get "Summer Wind" out of my head so I bought a collection of his stuff.
    I have a Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet CD that has an instrumental version of "Summer Wind". This is the band that did the music for Kids in the Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam
    So you're after pre Animals stuff? Wish You Were Here and Dark Side of the Moon are both great pre Animals albums (you're Floyd fan and don't have Dark Side?).
    Early Pink Floyd tens to be pre Dark Side. Meddle is a good album and I like Atom Heart Mother (but I wouldn't recommend it off the bat). The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, their first album, is good but a little weird. I hope that helps some.
    I forgot that Wish You Were Here and DSotM were both Pre-Animals. I have both of those and I guess I'm looking for the real early Pink Floyd. I think I'll look to get Meddle then as an opener to the early PF. Thanks for the tip LusiferSam.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Quote Originally Posted by posty333
    I have a Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet CD that has an instrumental version of "Summer Wind". This is the band that did the music for Kids in the Hall.
    They got some good stuff. I was shocked to hear one of their members died last year. That sucks.

I'm currently listening to Brian Eno's "Music for Airports." VERY good stuff if you enjoy ambient music. I write to it constantly. It's gorgeous.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Atom Heart Mother is a great album. The breakfast song(the name escapes me right now) is great. Fat Old SUn is one of my favorite Floyd tunes.

ALans Psychedelic Breakfast is the name of the breakfast song. I would reccomend ATom HEart Mother. ALso get Piper and Saucerful of Secrets. LS, do you Own Obscured by Clouds?
    Last edited by Kidhuman; 02-08-2005 at 09:41 PM.