Page 18 of 181 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Re: What are you listening to? (merged)

She wrote upon it, written to sender, address unknown, no such number, no such zone

That's right, I'm listening to that guy.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    I'm currently listening to Brian Eno's "Music for Airports." VERY good stuff if you enjoy ambient music. I write to it constantly. It's gorgeous.
    I listen to an internet station called Astreaux World. It plays ambient, electronic, new age and space music. I've only heard one Brian Eno song on there - "Deep Blue Sea". I've heard about Music for Airports a lot, but have not heard it. I'll check out some samples and see what it's like.

I'm currently listening to Brian Eno's "Music for Airports." VERY good stuff if you enjoy ambient music. I write to it constantly. It's gorgeous.
    Ahhhh... Guyute gets big points from me for listening to Eno. I had a friend recently refer to Brian Eno as the "Justin Timberlake for the over 30 crowd." (Hah! I think he's right.)

I've been spinning "Taking Tiger Mountain (By Strategy)" a bunch lately.
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    LS, do you Own Obscured by Clouds?
    Oh yeah. Its been a long time since I had listened to it, so I played it today. I forgot how good an album (ok soundtrack) it was. Exhaust Port if your looking for another good early album this is another to add to your list.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

It was a soundtrack to Sabriski's point wasnt it, Mudmen is a great song
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam
    Oh yeah. Its been a long time since I had listened to it, so I played it today. I forgot how good an album (ok soundtrack) it was. Exhaust Port if your looking for another good early album this is another to add to your list.
    Will do.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

No it was "La Vallee" (The Valley, its French I believe). Floyd only did a few songs (7 of 19) on the Zabriskie Point soundtrack. Jerry and the Dead a number song a long with a few other psychedelic bands from the late '60s.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    Ahhhh... Guyute gets big points from me for listening to Eno. I had a friend recently refer to Brian Eno as the "Justin Timberlake for the over 30 crowd." (Hah! I think he's right.)
    Ah, gracias for the big points. I've only been a fan of Eno since i heard "an Ending (Ascent)" in "28 days later." since then, i've been hooked. I only have the one disc, but i have some tunes from "Music for films" and "Apollos and Atmospheres" on my PC. I'm looking to get a few more for my birthday. Any suggestions? oh and i'm only 22, nearly 23. I guess i'm getting started early?

I'm currently listening to Gorillaz's "G-Sides" disc. Pretty good stuff if you love the Gorillaz. Mostly remixes, but it has a few new tunes. I love the tune "Hip Albatross" as it features a variety of sound blips from "Dawn of the Dead" and "DAy of the Dead" and has the lyric, "I was born a zombie, i'm a creep of the sea." I love how the guitar fades into the acoustic melody of "12D3." I CANNOT wait for their new album in March.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I'm looking to get a few more for my birthday. Any suggestions?
    Well... you could start at the beginning with "Here Come the Warm Jets." (Though I'd say Roxy Music's "Roxy Music" and "For Your Pleasure" are a good place also.) Then there's "Taking Tiger Mountain (by strategy)" and "Another Green World."

After that you can work your way through the '70s with Eno albums, as well as Bowie albums like "Low" "Heroes" and "Lodger."

Eno produced Devo's first album, "Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo!" He produced the Talking Heads' first few albums, "More Songs About Buildings And Food," etc.

Eno was also kind enough to help out a little band from Ireland by producing "The Unforgettable Fire" and "The Joshua Tree."

...the hand of Eno can be felt in many places.
    plasticfetish.net

Last night I went to see Sleater-Kinney. Great show. They played mostly new stuff, so I'm looking forward to the new album due in May. Opening act was The Joggers. I had not heard of them before. Once I found out they were the opening act, I downloaded a couple songs and it sounded good. They put on a good show too, so I bought their CD while I was there.

This was the first time I had been to a show like this in about 11 or 12 years. A bit hard on my ears, and often hard to really hear the music clearly, but I have the advantage of really being able to feel the music. I don't dance, but live music like this almost makes me.