Page 32 of 180 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast
    Been listening to Tenacious D the last few days.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Heard that on the radio recently. Saw the video on Comcast On Demand yesterday. It's freakin' insane, except for the explicit version which I just heard a clip of on iTunes (it's f*ckin' insane instead).

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    Been listening to Tenacious D the last few days.
    I really wish they would put out a new disc! I love the first one and it's been what, YEARS since it came out?!?! But yeah, new disc. We deserve one.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Yeah, it's been awhile. I think it came out in 2001.
    Anyone know if they socnsidering the soundtrack to "The Pick of Destiny" as a new album? On Amazon, the track listing appears to be all by the D.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Right now, I've got an MP3 CD of all the Beatles' studio albums (plus the two "new" tracks from Anthology) on shuffle.

It is quite surreal to hear the following tracks in the following order:

I Want to Hold Your Hand
    Please Mister Postman
    I'm Happy Just to Dance With You
    Love Me Do
    Helter Skelter
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I've been on a Beatles kick of late as well. There are some random songs next to each other but it makes things interesting.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dindae View Post

Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young - Deja Vu Great classic album its amazing how truly great music never gets old. I find that my appreciation for them drop quickly after this album unfortunately.
    Dindae - let me just say this: Neil Young's solo material makes CSN(&Y)'s stuff look like tripe. I couldn't more strongly recommend Neil's 2 disc "Decade" collection - a bit of a best of, but leaving off at approximately 198* or thereabouts. As far as his older albums go, Zuma, After the Goldrush and Harvest are absolute musts.

Oh, did I mention that I'm Canadian? I'm obliged to plug Neil Young whenever someone even barely mentions him in passing.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason View Post
    Dindae - let me just say this: Neil Young's solo material makes CSN(&Y)'s stuff look like tripe. I couldn't more strongly recommend Neil's 2 disc "Decade" collection - a bit of a best of, but leaving off at approximately 198* or thereabouts. As far as his older albums go, Zuma, After the Goldrush and Harvest are absolute musts.

Oh, did I mention that I'm Canadian? I'm obliged to plug Neil Young whenever someone even barely mentions him in passing.
    I have Decade as well. I believe it only goes through 1977, hence the title. It starts with some Buffalo Springfield stuff and includes "Ohio" by CSNY. I heard "Cinnamon Girl" on the radio today. Great tune. I also like "Mr. Soul" (Buffalo Springfield), "Ohio", "Old Man", "Down By The River" and "The Needle And The Damage Done". While he has a lot of great tunes, he seems to have the luxury to be able to make whatever record he wants, so some of his stuff doesn't appeal to as wide of an audience.

On a different note, years ago I happened to be listening to the House of Blues program on the radio. They played a few old blues songs that would later be done by Led Zeppelin in one form or another. I think I even saw an album that collected a bunch of these tunes in the store once, but passed on buying it at the time. Now I see an album called Zeppelin Classics on allmusic.com, but it was released in 1992 and seems hard to find. Instead, I have tried to find as many of the songs as I can on iTunes. During the process, I also came across a Zeppelin tribute album on iTunes (the only type of Led Zeppelin you'll find there) called Pickin' On Zeppelin. It seems to be entirely instrumental bluegrass versions of Zeppelin tunes. I actually like the sound of it. Kind of a nice, relaxing and fresh way to enjoy some classic tunes. I'm actually considering buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    ... I also came across a Zeppelin tribute album on iTunes (the only type of Led Zeppelin you'll find there) called Pickin' On Zeppelin. It seems to be entirely instrumental bluegrass versions of Zeppelin tunes. I actually like the sound of it. Kind of a nice, relaxing and fresh way to enjoy some classic tunes. I'm actually considering buying it.
    There is a Metallica tribute album called Fade to Bluegrass which is quite good. I think there may have put out another but I'm not sure.