Page 38 of 179 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port View Post
    Do you have a Mortal Combat CD from the PC game or are you referring to the movie soundtracks? I have the movie soundtracks but nothing from the game. It seemed that the soundtracks for those movies were more popular than the actual movies. I loved that they releases a second soundtrack for the first movie after the success of the first one. Great soundtracks!
    I have the video game soundtrack. The Vernon Yard recordings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mortal_kombat_Vernon Yard.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	17949  
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller View Post
    I have been listening to a bunch of stuff from the grunge era lately. Grunge and non-grunge alike. One group in particular, NUDESWIRL.
    A band that was not known very well and had only 2 albums. But their self titled in 1995 is huge amongst the folks that were aware of them. Their biggest hit was F-Sharp. Here it is.
    http://www.playlist.com/node/43743037
    I remember that song from an episode of Beavis & Butt-Head. Beavis thought it was "Paradise City" at the beginning. I recently put it into an iTunes wishlist.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port View Post
    2 words, Game Soundtracks!!

I got to thinking about a few old games and how I absolutely loved the music that accompanied each level. It got to the point that I would bring the game CD on the road with me so I could listen to the music in my portable CD player. Unfortunately in my last move all those CD's got ditched. ARGH! Well thanks to some internet searches I came across the albums I was looking for. So the last few weeks I've been listening to the following:

Mechwarrior 2
    Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries
    Mechwarrior 2: Ghost Bear's Legacy
    Heavy Gear
    Diablo
    Diablo II

MW and HG are by the same artist, Jeehun Hwang. The man does some amazing work and is still in the biz it seems. http://www.jeehun.com/

Wiki even has an entry for his MW work:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MechWarrior_2_Soundtrack
    Several years ago I got this game for my Mac called "Battle Girl". It had an awesome techno soundtrack. Pretty good game too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    I remember that song from an episode of Beavis & Butt-Head. Beavis thought it was "Paradise City" at the beginning. I recently put it into an iTunes wishlist.
    Yep, that is where I first heard it too which turned me onto the song.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    When my 3 CD shuffle feature used to work on my stereo, I'd put in the pre-Prequel soundtracks in, and I figured, if it's been 215+ minutes, any project better be done by then!
    My playlist is 188 mins long.

BTW, because it was 11:38am, I put it on again, and Binary Sunset is what I'm playing now (I'm replaying it a second time, it just ended, because of another thread I have in mind).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    Ahhh... I really wanted to see Radiohead, but they're playing (played?) some huge venue up near Seattle (3 hours away), and I just can't deal with that right now.

Let us know how the show was though... and the Sigur Rós show also. They'll be playing here in Portland in October, so I'm gonna try for that one.

I don't know if you have Comcast, but the Sigur Rós documentary from '06 (Heima) is on the free movie list right now.
    I don't have Comcast, but I have HEIMA on DVD. I was lucky enough to nab the deluxe edition before e-bay ate it up. The Sigur Ros gig next month will be my 8th as they put on some of the most incredible live shows i've ever witnessed. I recommend you get tickets and check it out cos you're missing something damn near magical. And yes, my language is overdramatic, but I don't care. hehehehe And the string quartet, Amiina will be with them, so i'm now even more uber pumped about it.

The Radiohead shows were incredible, as always. It was my first batch of RH shows since 03 and they didn't disappoint.

Here was the setlist from the Noblesville, IN show on Sunday:

01. 15 Step
    02. Bodysnatchers
    03. There There
    04. All I Need
    05. Pyramid Song
    06. Nude
    07. Weird Fishes / Arpeggi
    08. The Gloaming
    09. Climbing Up the Walls
    10. Faust Arp
    11. Videotape
    12. Morning Bell
    13. Idioteque
    14. Reckoner
    15. Everything in Its Right Place
    16. Just
    17. How to Disappear Completely

Encore 1

18. You and Whose Army?
    19. Bangers 'n' Mash
    20. Exit Music (For a Film)
    21. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
    22. Karma Police

Encore 2

23. House of Cards
    24. The National Anthem
    25. Street Spirit

I've heard pretty much every RH song i've wanted to hear live, MINUS "True Love Waits" (which burns my soul actually). I finally heard "Fake Plastic Trees" at Alpine and this is the first time i've seen the guys with their IN RAINBOWS material, so i was excited to see what the set would be. The new stuff is really great live with 15 Steps being the perfect opener. They seemed to have sped up Weird Fishes and it sounds great and Thom and Jonny playing Faust Arp guitar to guitar by themselves is great to behold. I'm still not a fan of All I Need, but what can ya do?

I would have to say that my favorite highlight was without a doubt "How to Disappear Completely" as I had not heard it since my first Radiohead show in 2001. This is one of my favorite tracks ever for many personal reasons and if you're reading this and don't know it, i suggest you download it ASAP. It was great to hear some of the more random tracks such as the above mentioned, along with "Exit Music," "Climbing Up the Walls" and "Just."

Here is the setlist from the show in Cuyahoga Falls, OH on the next night, the 4th of August:

01 15 Step
    02 There There
    03 Morning Bell
    04 All I Need
    05 Pyramid Song
    06 Nude
    07 Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
    08 The Gloaming
    09 The National Anthem
    10 A Wolf At The Door
    11 Faust Arp
    12 Exit Music (For A Film)
    13 Jigsaw Falling Into Place
    14 Idioteque
    15 Climbing Up The Walls
    16 Bodysnatchers
    17 How To Disappear Completely

ENCORE I
    18 Videotape
    19 Paranoid Android
    20 Dollars & Cents
    21 Reckoner
    22 Street Spirit (Fade Out)

ENCORE II
    23 House Of Cards
    24 Lucky
    25 Everything In Its Right Place

A hefty dose of repeats from the previous show, but holy s---, look at the new tracks: WOLF AT THE DOOR, LUCKY, DOLLARS AND CENTS and PARANOID ANDROID?!?!!???!! WOLF was a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE shocker as was D&Cs. The audience went INSANE at the opening chords to Wolf at the Door and at the opening drums of Dollars.

It was a pretty tiring few days due to the travels, junk food, and the 720 miles I put on my car, but i'd do it again in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 08-08-2008 at 12:01 AM.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

JMG, I'll be going to my 7th and 8th Radiohead shows in a few weeks =)

I know they've been soundchecking Portishead's "The Rip" and there's even recordings and videos floating out there but it would be great if they had it in their set. I was able to go to one of their shows back in 06 when they were still fine tuning the In Rainbows songs and truth be told, Videotape was better back then. "All I Need" is awesome, how could you not like it?

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    JMG, I'll be going to my 7th and 8th Radiohead shows in a few weeks =)

I know they've been soundchecking Portishead's "The Rip" and there's even recordings and videos floating out there but it would be great if they had it in their set. I was able to go to one of their shows back in 06 when they were still fine tuning the In Rainbows songs and truth be told, Videotape was better back then. "All I Need" is awesome, how could you not like it?
    Nice FB!! You're in for a treat cos they're on their game for this tour.....then again, they always are. hehehehe These were my 4th and 5th shows and i'm anxious to add more to that list.

And VIDEOTAPE live is pretty enjoyable; Phil adds in the drums and it feels a bit more flushed out, but at the same time it's just as gorgeous. And I dunno about All I Need, it's just not my fave song off the album. I'll be honest in saying that I always preferred the more "rock" version of "Nude" or as I knew it, "Big Ideas (Don't get Any)" with the roaring guitar and xylophone at the end, but the new version quickly grew on me. Enjoy your shows!

A 45 minute Sigur Ros show from the Museum of Modern Art in NY is online; i'm so excited about this show in a few weeks!!! http://current.com/items/89173668_sigur_r_s_moma
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

SW: Shadows of the Empire soundtrack. Never realized just how similar it is to TPM, and since there were only three years between the two, wonder if Williams was noticeably or subconsciously influenced by McNeely's score. [this was from 1:11pm today]

[edit]Changed CDs, so should add to this. Totally Awesome 80s Mix Tape. That in itself is tame, but in Windows Media Player (of which I have never saved any playlists) it's showing as The Best of Howard Jones (which I do own, and have played in WMP, but not for a long time, and I've played other CDs since then). Case in point: Frida's "I Know There's Somethign Going On" (track 9) is playing, but the computer says it's "Hide and Seek" by Mr. Jones. Deus ex machina pehaps? (and not by the Smashing Pumpkins)
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 08-08-2008 at 05:50 PM. Reason: oddities in audio
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    Nice FB!! You're in for a treat cos they're on their game for this tour.....then again, they always are. hehehehe These were my 4th and 5th shows and i'm anxious to add more to that list.

And VIDEOTAPE live is pretty enjoyable; Phil adds in the drums and it feels a bit more flushed out, but at the same time it's just as gorgeous. And I dunno about All I Need, it's just not my fave song off the album. I'll be honest in saying that I always preferred the more "rock" version of "Nude" or as I knew it, "Big Ideas (Don't get Any)" with the roaring guitar and xylophone at the end, but the new version quickly grew on me. Enjoy your shows!

A 45 minute Sigur Ros show from the Museum of Modern Art in NY is online; i'm so excited about this show in a few weeks!!! http://current.com/items/89173668_sigur_r_s_moma
    JMG,

you know what? I got KOTCS'ed at tonight's Radiohead show, the first of 2 that I'm going to. It's devastating because they are supposedly to me as Sigur Ros is to you.

Rather than enjoying the set, I spent all of it trying to fight off the olfactory and auditory assault on my sense. The olfactory was from all the smoke inhalation. Cigarettes are bad enough on me but certain recreational substances are even worse. I was choking and coughing so much that I nearly wanted to start fistfights with the people lighting up around me.

The auditory assault came from the horrendous sound quality. It would be inexcusable at an in store performance at my local record store and definitely inexcusable at a world renowned venue like the Hollywood Bowl. It seemed like the sound techs had no idea what they were doing and the volume and EQ levels of all the instruments fluctuated wildly at times. I guess it didn't seem to bother other people but to me it was tantamount to the proverbial nails on the chalkboard.

Videotape with Phil's added drums would've been great if the drum sounds didn't fluctuate so much. While drummers do not always hit with the exact same velocity every time, it's still very consistent and the only time it peaks is when it's within the context of the musical phrase. However, those brilliant sound techs managed to muck it up badly. It definitely did sound like a lot of playing around with volume and EQ levels and while I did sit towards the back, I've been to other shows at this venue, rock shows even (previous Radiohead tours and Arcade Fire and Flaming Lips) and never noticed the sound problems that I did tonight.

Wolf at the Door was perhaps the best that I've ever heard that song live but no thanks to the sound problems, just about everything else felt lackluster. I left the show feeling the same way that I did after seeing KOTCS, hence my reference to that in the first sentence. The setlist was identical to your Cuyahoga one btw.

Also I got really annoyed with people talking during Exit Music and How to Disappear and also it would often take them a minute to realize what song's intro they were hearing and then they start cheering. It kind of makes me long for the Sigur Ros crowds, at least here in LA, where there is this reverent blanket of silence throughout the set.

Hopefully you'll enjoy your upcoming SR show more that I did my RH show tonight! Actually, I'm sure you will as I've seen them with Amina before and it's not something easily described in words.

I'm trying to listen to as much of the new Metallica that has come out as possible. This Saturday I'm going to see Betallica a strange Metallica/Beatles cover type band so I'm listening to them to get me in the mood.