Page 40 of 180 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    If you are going to get any Fleetwood Mac albums with Lindsay Buckingham and Stievie Nicks, both of the first two ones "Fleetwood Mac" and "Rumours" every track is good and most of the hits are on both. It's much better than buying the Greatest Hits. There are some good songs on "Tusk" though.

Myself, I used to listen to a lot of the early stuff as well as those two. They had many albums with different guitarists/ singers who wrote and played some really cool stuff along with original members Mick Fleetwood and John McVie.

Bob Welch:
    Miles Away: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z6jPru9dFc
    Hypnotized:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED0NqZthwrI

Peter Green:
    Who wrote the original version of Green Manalishi remade by Judas Priest
    Green Manalishi:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYBQdXv0BhM

Danny Kirwin:
    Bare Trees: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paxwe8F90X8
    That reminds me that I've been wanting to get those three Bob Welch hits, "Ebony Eyes", "Sentimental Lady" and "Precious Love". I was thinking that I didn't see them on iTunes last time I checked, but they are there now. In fact the first review listed for French Kiss appears to be a review by Bob Welch himself telling people to go to his website (it didn't list the website though). The review he posted for Three Hearts refers people to the Pickens' Plan website.

Edit - I also see a greatest hits album on there that are re-recordings, and he has a long review explaining why he thinks these versions are better using some audiophile techno-jargon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    That reminds me that I've been wanting to get those three Bob Welch hits, "Ebony Eyes", "Sentimental Lady" and "Precious Love". I was thinking that I didn't see them on iTunes last time I checked, but they are there now. In fact the first review listed for French Kiss appears to be a review by Bob Welch himself telling people to go to his website (it didn't list the website though). The review he posted for Three Hearts refers people to the Pickens' Plan website.

Edit - I also see a greatest hits album on there that are re-recordings, and he has a long review explaining why he thinks these versions are better using some audiophile techno-jargon.
    French Kiss the whole album was not too bad when it first hit.
    I remember Welch played most all the instruments on it, and had gotten some of Fleetwood Mac, to help out with the backing vocals. "Sentimental Lady" was actually done by Welch on an earlier Mac album.

Kill You - Dethklok

Face Fisted - Dethklok (I'm playing the whole deluxe album in shuffle)

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    Now you're talkin! Hey... do you have that "The Singles Collection: The London Years" set?
    I don't, the only Stones greatest hits I have so far is "Through the Past Darkly" (a greatest hits album in 1969, and here we are 40 years later and they're still cutting new material - amazing!)
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Non-music... interview of ex-baseball player Tim Salmon on the PMS Show on sports talk radio station... now it's a "commercial" for the Tovada [sp?] Tequila Thunderbird... baaugh!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Flash Light - Parliament, part of my Funk playlist. I actually was listening to a different playlist but grew tired of it so I let shuffle decide what I was to listen to.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Some reason I've been really digging Green River. So I bought Dry as Bone/Rehab Doll early this week. I also pick up on a total impulse Metallica's Death Magnetic. I had no intention of getting the physical CD, but the cover art did it for me. I'm really enjoying both.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam View Post
    Some reason I've been really digging Green River. So I bought Dry as Bone/Rehab Doll early this week. I also pick up on a total impulse Metallica's Death Magnetic. I had no intention of getting the physical CD, but the cover art did it for me. I'm really enjoying both.
    I have that Green River CD. I knew of them, but didn't really hear them until I got the CD a couple years ago. Of course, from that band came Mother Love Bone, Mudhoney, and Pearl Jam.

The lady and I got tickets to see the Smashing Pumpkins in Cleveland on 11/01 a few weeks ago, so i've been listening to alot of my SP stuff. And then on Thursday SP announced they were doing a special Halloween Acoustic show in Columbus on 10/31. So we got tickets to that show too. I just couldn't pass up the chance to see an acoustic show, especially on Halloween. I just hope the band dresses up, that would be cool. Especially if Ginger wears something nifty.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"