Page 41 of 171 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
    "I'm not in Love" 10CC

Classic song way ahead of it's time. It's been in my head for days.

"Big boys don't cry...big boys don't cry"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIiWBPdhPH8

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    "I'm not in Love" 10CC

Classic song way ahead of it's time. It's been in my head for days.

"Big boys don't cry...big boys don't cry"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIiWBPdhPH8
    I got that song from iTunes as well as their song "The Things We Do For Love." Tori Amos covered "I'm Not in Love" on her Strange Little Girls album.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    I got that song from iTunes as well as their song "The Things We Do For Love." Tori Amos covered "I'm Not in Love" on her Strange Little Girls album.
    Yeah Tori did a nice job on that song, though kinda simplified it.
    I read all that lush airy synth vocal sound in the song was painstakingly done with vocals dubbed over and over, and looped, faded in and out of the song.

I thought for sure it was a synthesizer, but they didn't have anything like that in 1975, except a monophonic Moog, which they used but couldn't do chords.

Quite an achievement considering the technology they had in the day that we take for granted now, and is easily attainable with today's instruments and digital recording equipment.
    Geniuses.

listening to Scott & Todd's Studio Sessions Cd from WPLJ radio. pretty decent CD so far.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Bought a compilation CD from Target, Old School Hip Hop, and "The Breaks" by Kurtis Blow is on. But how can House of Pain or MC Lyte be considered "old school?"

[edit]Now it's Digable Planets' "Rebirth of Cool (Cool Like Dat)," which was one of the reasons why I bought this, and the other is the next track, "Me, Myself, & I."
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 11-11-2008 at 12:34 PM.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Bought a compilation CD from Target, Old School Hip Hop, and "The Breaks" by Kurtis Blow is on. But how can House of Pain or MC Lyte be considered "old school?"
    Perhaps because they had their biggest hits over 15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    [edit]Now it's Digable Planets' "Rebirth of Cool (Cool Like Dat)," which was one of the reasons why I bought this, and the other is the next track, "Me, Myself, & I."
    I bought "Rebirth of Slick" from iTunes, but I don't know the other track. I have a track by that name on on Vitamin C's first CD. I liked her better when she was was rocking out in Eve's Plum.

I've been creating wish lists in iTunes that group two adjacent years together. My 70's lists are pretty full, but I haven't really found a lot from the late 80's and early 90's, and a fair amount of it is rap. There were some good tracks on that Judgment Night soundtrack. My favorite probably being "Missing Link" by Del the Funky Homosapien & Dinosaur Jr. The Helmet and House of Pain song "Just Another Victim" is another one I bought from iTunes.

I am listening to Raw Power by Iggy & the Stooges (the Iggy Pop remix).

House of Pain and MC Lyte are not Old School, despite being 15 years old. They are well after Old School, and House of Pain is after the golden era of hip hop. If it don't sound like Run DMC, Kool Moe Dee, The Fat Boys, Doug E. Fresh, Slick Rick, Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five, or the Sugarhill Gang, it ain't Old School. If it doesn't sound like Biz Markie, Public Enemy, Heavy D & the Boyz, Kid & Play, Salt-n-Peppa, LL Cool J, Fresh Prince & DJ Jazzy Jeff, Schooly D, NWA, Beastie Boys, or Ultramagnetic MCs, it ain't Golden Age. MC Lyte kinda skirts Golden Age, but only barely.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm currently listening to "The Fly" by the Dave Matthews Band.

When I pull the wings off of the fly
    The fly never wonders why I did it
    The fly never wonders why I did
    You know they didn't ever
    Have to love me
    No, no, no

And no one ever will
    Love them now
    Oh, oh, but they
    They always wanted somehow
    To save me
    Why, oh, why
    For pity's sake, they should've saved themselves
    Oh, oh, but you

You always said I never missed a note
    I only ever wanted to be with you

I only wanted someone to play
    Play, play, play
    When I pull the wings off the fly
    The fly never wonders why
    You know they never really ever had to love me
    No, no, no

But no one will ever love them now
    Oh, oh, but they
    They always thought that somehow they could save me
    But why oh why
    For pity's sake me, they should've saved themselves
    but you
    you always said I never missed a note
    and nobody ever knew me like you do, you do

You always said it's gonna be ok, ok
    I only ever really wanted to be with you
    I only wanted someone to play, play, play, play
    The fly never wonders why I did it
    Last edited by Lord Malakite; 11-13-2008 at 02:43 PM.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Oh, DMB. I used to LOVE them in high school and then "Everyday" came out and the band went to crap in a basket.

I saw Bob Dylan last weekend in MI, so i'm on a huge Dylan kick. Been listening to "The Time's they a changin'" and "the Freewheelin' Bob Dylan" a lot.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Flash Light - Parliament (part of my 3hr Funk playlist)
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.