Page 45 of 180 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
    Currently listening to Ultragroove's Live365 funk & soul feed. Right now it's "Funky Chick" by The Majestics. Just changed to "Top Rally" by Jack Arel & Pierre Dutor.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

First, it was Christmas in the Stars, the SW holiday album (I have it on vinyl and CD, but this was the digital version), but now I'm on track 10 of the Clone Wars soundtrack ("Destroying the Shield" ). Mixing the season with the series, I suppose.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

"Lust for Life" is the opening to the Jim Rome Show, sports talk. First time in a long time that the host (his name is Jim Rome) has actually been live on the program (called the Jim Rome Show) while I've been listening (school day seems to get in the way of morning and early afternoon radio/TV programs (such as the Jim Rome Show, hosted by Jim Rome).

Jim Rome mentions his own name (Jim Rome) quite frequently on the Jim Rome Show, BTW.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Disposable Heroes - Metallica, on KNAC.com

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    "Lust for Life" is the opening to the Jim Rome Show, sports talk. First time in a long time that the host (his name is Jim Rome) has actually been live on the program (called the Jim Rome Show) while I've been listening (school day seems to get in the way of morning and early afternoon radio/TV programs (such as the Jim Rome Show, hosted by Jim Rome).

Jim Rome mentions his own name (Jim Rome) quite frequently on the Jim Rome Show, BTW.
    I've heard parts of his show before. I recall hearing a promo for it while listening to the Mariner's game or something, and the music sounded like "Brendan #1" by Fugazi. It is an instrumental song from their album Repeater. Red Hot Chili Peppers appear to have borrowed from that song for their tune "By The Way."

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    I've heard parts of his show before. I recall hearing a promo for it while listening to the Mariner's game or something, and the music sounded like "Brendan #1" by Fugazi. It is an instrumental song from their album Repeater. Red Hot Chili Peppers appear to have borrowed from that song for their tune "By The Way."
    There are a few songs on the post-commercial lead-ins that I still don't know artist and title. I think they sold a CD with those songs, so I suppose if I found it (or just the playlist from it), that might solve the issue.

Feeling Pleasure Through Pain - Ripping Corpse, part of my Metal/Punk playlist.

Speaking of metal, I was just thinking that there should be a death metal tribute to the Beatles called, "All You Need Is Blood." As it turns out, Beatallica already had a song by that name. I see that it was referenced in another thread here three years ago. Just as Dread Zeppelin combined Led Zeppelin and Elvis, Beatallica combines Metallica with the Beatles. The guy sounds a lot like Hetfield. They also did a song called "Hey Dude", which I think I suggested as a song title in the "That's Not How It Goes" thread.

As for what I've been listening to. Still mostly songs from my iTunes purchases. A few songs that I've listened to lately that have stuck in my head a bit more than the others:

Ben Folds Five - "Where's Summer B?"
    Jonatha Brooke & The Story - "No Better"
    Jerry Reed - "Amos Moses"
    Al Stewart - "Time Passages"
    Tears For Fears - "Change"
    World Party - "Ship of Fools"

And since it is Christmas:

Thurl Ravenscroft - "You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch"

Good ol' Christmas music....

"Straight No Chaser" I downloaded their album off of iTunes this morning.
    May the force be with you.

Cavity Search - Weird Al Yankovic, part of my 2 hour Weird Al playlist. It's a parody of U2's "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" from Batman Forever, set to dentistry.