Page 47 of 183 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
    Highway to Hell - AC/DC, part of my 4 and a half hour AC/DC playlist.

I should probably just buy Kill 'em All and get it over with, but it's a little pricey, and you're not the first person I've heard from say the weak production comes through on the CD.

I got super lucky on the Deluxe Dethalbum, I basically got in on the Amazon preorder a few hours before they closed it, and it showed up when they were not fulfilling all the preorders. I think they did or are about to do another pressing on it, they should do another pressing with new bonus features, I'd probably buy it again. BTW, turning it into a deluxe double album was the label's choice, Brendon Small wanted the whole thing to be the album but the label (Adult Swim) saw sales potential.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I got the Dethalbum for 50% off at a closing Circuit City. Not the deluxe version, though.

Now, I'm listening to my latest MP3 acquisition. Between a $5 credit with amazon.com's MP3 department and my Pepsi Points, which expire tomorrow, I gave in to the ultimate guilty pleasure and "bought" a greatest hits album by a certain little white guy with the voice of a dude who looks like Barry White. I won't say who, but I can now rickroll myself anytime I want....
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Gimme Danger, Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell - Raw Power, Iggy & the Stooges ('97 Iggy Pop remaster). Track changed in the middle, but it's still the same album so I figured I'd just mention that.

Stupid $5 Amazon MP3 credit. I almost partook as well, but I don't want to fart around with the Amazon downloader, I just wants me music.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The sounds of silence. No, not S&G's classic, but the fact that no one else is stirring (better not even be any mice) in the morning. Is there a song titled "Tappping on the Keyboard?"
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    When I first saw you mention Dethalbum, I was pronouncing it so that it rhymed with "Ethel Bum". Then I finally realized, "Ah, Deth Album."
    That's an interesting one.

KNAC.com feed - not even remotely sure what this is because they don't tell ya when there's not a DJ'ed hour.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    KNAC.com feed - not even remotely sure what this is because they don't tell ya when there's not a DJ'ed hour.
    Hmmm... KNAC. Now there's a station I haven't thought about in a while.

Well, here in LA, there's no metal anymore on the radio except 10pm to midnight Sundays with "Full Metal Jackie" on Indie 103.1, and she's kind of an annoying lackwit. (Lucky for me, they occasionally give her airtime on KNAC.com as well ) Since KNAC was my source growing up, I've stayed just loyal enough to listen to their free low-bitrate version.

BTW, I'm currently listening to "Victim of Changes" by Judas Priest, part of my 2.5 hour Judas Priest playlist. Followed by "Ram it Down".

I purchased some music videos for the first time through iTunes. I can watch all these on Youtube, but I thought I would see how buying videos worked out. Plus I thought these were some pretty cool ones.

Weezer - "Pork & Beans" - I haven't been into Weezer much except for their debut album and a couple songs on the Green album, but this is a pretty good song, and the video is really cool with all of the viral video star cameos.

The Cardigans & Tom Jones - "Burning Down the House" - I'm a Talking Heads fan, and this is a pretty decent cover. I like the contrast between Nina Persson's soft voice and the bombastic voice of Tom Jones. Plus Nina is nice to look at.

The Chemical Brothers - "Let Forever Be" - I recall seeing this video years ago on VH1 or MTV. It's a great catchy tune, and the video is a mind trip with all the mirrors and the morphing of one scene into the next. Plus another decent looking girl to look at.