Page 48 of 172 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    The Cardigans & Tom Jones - "Burning Down the House" - I'm a Talking Heads fan, and this is a pretty decent cover. I like the contrast between Nina Persson's soft voice and the bombastic voice of Tom Jones. Plus Nina is nice to look at.
    When did this happen? That sounds amazing! Tom Jones is THE sh--I mean, poop.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    When did this happen? That sounds amazing! Tom Jones is THE sh--I mean, poop.
    Looks like it was on an 1999 Tom Jones album called Reload. I guess it is an album of collaborative covers I don't think I had heard of it either until a few months ago. I was looking up Cardigans videos and saw "Burning Down the House." I hadn't heard it, so I took a look, and was surprised when Tom Jones appeared in it. At first I was disappointed by that (mainly because I just expecting to see The Cardigans), but as I listened I realized it worked really well.

"Come Again" is just ending, and "Mudshovel" is starting up, from Staind 1996-2006: The Singles.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

The quiet whooshing of the jury room air conditioner, and the voice of the woman at the PA calling out voices.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ahhh- jury duty...

I got to serve a few years ago and had one of the wackiest experiences of my life, but that's for a different thread!

I recently got a new computer tower and since I've got mucho storage now, I'm ripping a bunch of CD's to my drive.
    The last 5 disks I've ripped:

Bu**hole Surfers-
    Independent Worm Saloon "chewin' george lucas' chocolate" is a gem

Girls Against Boys- Venus Luxure No. 1 Baby

Primus-
    Pork Soda

White Zombie-
    La Sexorcisto

Gnarls Barkley-
    St. Elsewhere

It has been really cool going through a bunch of my old CD's- I've recently listened to stuff like The Velvet Underground, Miles Davis and Fugazi.

"It's a Long Way to the Top" AC/DC - part of my 4 hour AC/DC playlist. Now it's on "Overdose".

I transferred all my music to the PS3, so now I can listen to digital music in the living room. Playlists are a bit slow to set up, but it's a decent system.

I borrowed Independent Worm Saloon, wasn't my speed. I have a bunch of Primus, but somehow I never feel in the mood to listen to it, it doesn't fit anywhere in my styles.

I have to reburn about 50 CDs that I own, I used an inferior ripping program and they're not tagged right or set to the volume I'd prefer.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thew new Akon album Freedom I've been listening to almost non-stop I feel. It's the first CD I've purchased in probably 5 years...and I love every song on it. Can't get enough of it.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Wizzard: "Wizzard Brew" :glam:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wizzard071207_468x300.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	19269  

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    "It's a Long Way to the Top" AC/DC - part of my 4 hour AC/DC playlist. Now it's on "Overdose".
    Funny, I was just listening to the same song. Only it was the cover by School of Rock, which should suck mightily, but is awesome in spite of being Jack Black and a bunch of children.
    Tommy, close your eyes.