Page 52 of 180 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    Currently I'm really liking the song Starlight by Muse.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    That was one of the songs that played on the radio the first day I took the car out on my own, it felt very "important" so it's stuck with me for the last year and a half.

Currently, it's "Briefcase Full of Guts", Dethklok.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Snowblind, Black Sabbath
    Good tune, though, from that album, I like "Supernaut" and "Changes" better.

Another great tune. I bought that from iTunes, as well as a couple other Muse songs - "Time Is Running Out" and "Hysteria".

The 10 songs I've purchased from iTunes with the highest play count:

10. "Night on Fire" - VHS or Beta
    9. "Edge of the Ocean" - Ivy
    8. "Loser" - Beck
    7. "One Armed Scissor" - At the Drive-In
    6. "Into the Fire" - Sarah McLachlan
    5. "The 1234" - The Start
    4. "Smile Like You Mean It" - The Killers (listened to this one last night)
    3. "Amos Moses" - Jerry Reed
    2. "Rock 'n Roll Woman" - Buffalo Springfield
    1. "Money City Maniacs" - Sloan

This is not necessarily reflective of which are my favorite, since I put my purchased songs on shuffle quite a bit, though I know I've often started listening with one of these tunes, except for "Into the Fire". I actually prefer the other two songs that I've purchased from that album - "Drawn to the Rhythm" and "Shelter".

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Good tune, though, from that album, I like "Supernaut" and "Changes" better.
    I added Supernaut to my car playlist a couple days ago.

Playing now, Thunderstruck... oop, just changed to "What's Next to the Moon", both AC-DC. Damn good song.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I added Supernaut to my car playlist a couple days ago.

Playing now, Thunderstruck... oop, just changed to "What's Next to the Moon", both AC-DC. Damn good song.
    Indeed, I like both of those. Speaking of What's Next to the Moon, have you heard the Mark Kozelek album What's Next to the Moon? It's all AC/DC covers, but done as slow, acoustic ballads. I first heard one of the songs on an internet radio station and didn't realize I was listening to an AC/DC song until I noticed that the lyrics sounded familiar.

I'm a little surprised you'd have to download "Loser." Someone with a collection as extensive as yours, it seems odd you don't have Mellow Gold already.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Weird, I just got this album from BestBuy.com tonight and listened to it a few hours ago. It's very, very good.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I'm not necessarily a big fan of Beck. I remember when that song was new, and I liked it. However, I didn't really hear anything else from it, and didn't feel motivated to buy it based on that song alone. Odelay had two or three songs I had heard, and I think I got it through Columbia House. I've never really listened to it that much. Next time I heard him was on SNL for one of his next couple albums, and I didn't really like what he performed then. That was either Mutations or Seachange, or both. I just looked up the songs he performed on SNL in 1999 and 2003, and none of the sound clips grab my attention at the moment.

When he came out with Guerro, I was listening to the Music Choice alternative channel a lot, and I really liked "E-Pro", and the the "Missing" remix on Guerolito, "Heaven Hammer". The Information had a couple good songs that I heard a lot, and his performance on SNL in 2006 was really cool with the marionettes mimicking what the band was doing.

So, I have Odelay, and 5 Beck songs from iTunes:

"Loser"
    "E-Pro"
    "Heaven Hammer (Missing) [Air Remix]"
    "Nausea"
    "Think I'm In Love"

These days, I find it harder to get into entire albums if I haven't heard it first. Plus it is cheaper to just buy the songs I know I like than buy a full CD I rarely listen to. Maybe I have adult onset ADD.

You should try to track down "Lost Cause," "Rowboat," and "A**hole." Those are some good Beck tracks.
    Tommy, close your eyes.