Page 53 of 178 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    You should try to track down "Lost Cause," "Rowboat," and "A**hole." Those are some good Beck tracks.
    Odelay is easily my favorite Beck album. Its' so damn diverse!

You also might wanna check out "Pay No Mind," also off Mellow Gold. Really great track. I saw him live many years ago when he was touring for Midnight Vultures; it was a fantastic show.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Currently I'm really liking the song Starlight by Muse.
    This is one, even after its release, I still like. Currently, that song in that mode is "Human" by The Killers.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I'm currently listening to Franz Ferdinand's first, self-titled album. I used to listen to this like a mofo when it came out. I still haven't gotten their latest one, though (their second one is quite good as well).
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I'm currently listening to Franz Ferdinand's first, self-titled album. I used to listen to this like a mofo when it came out. I still haven't gotten their latest one, though (their second one is quite good as well).
    Get it, it's excellent. More dance-orientated than their previous stuff, with heavier bass and some Depeche Mode-ish electro. But it's still obviously their own unique style. I love it, and Ulysses is my favourite single for months.

But I'm not getting to listen to it as much as I'd like, as I've also got new releases from Morrissey and Lloyd Cole (my two favourite artists ever) this week.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

My Wave, Soundgarden. Soundgarden is a band that I find is very hit-or-miss and swings hard from interesting to commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Indeed, I like both of those. Speaking of What's Next to the Moon, have you heard the Mark Kozelek album What's Next to the Moon? It's all AC/DC covers, but done as slow, acoustic ballads. I first heard one of the songs on an internet radio station and didn't realize I was listening to an AC/DC song until I noticed that the lyrics sounded familiar.
    Haven't heard that, that sounds pretty interesting, and WNTTM is the right song to name it after, as just the suggestion of slowing it down seems like it'd work.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Shake Appeal, Iggy & the Stooges.

Oh, now it's SPG, The Exploited.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Master Guyute,

Have you been hearing Saeglopur at Target lately? Specifically on the tv monitors in the electronics section during a Prince of Persia video game ad. At most of my local Targets, electronics is near toys and so I always stop to listen as I'm searching the toy pegs.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Master Guyute,

Have you been hearing Saeglopur at Target lately? Specifically on the tv monitors in the electronics section during a Prince of Persia video game ad. At most of my local Targets, electronics is near toys and so I always stop to listen as I'm searching the toy pegs.
    I heard it too!!! I was in electronics a few months ago, I think around Christmas, and I heard the part right before it kicks from the piano to the drums, etc. It works really well with that commercial. What's funny is that my buddy Dave from Cali called me like two days later and the EXACT same thing happened to him. At Target, heard it and was drawn to it like a Siren.

I also noticed that Hoppipola is being used for I believe Planet Earth commercials on the wal-mart network. It's also used really well.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I was trying to listen to a song by "3 Doors Down" when my stupid uptairs neighbor started stomping on her floor, then came down stairs and asked me to turn down my music. It totally zapped my mood. Currently listening to: NOTHING.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    I was trying to listen to a song by "3 Doors Down" when my stupid uptairs neighbor started stomping on her floor, then came down stairs and asked me to turn down my music. It totally zapped my mood. Currently listening to: NOTHING.
    I have some neighbors downstairs who tend to blare nothing but really awful, repetitive rap music. We've bonked heads about it on a few ocassions, but my main gripe is playing it at 4 in the morning, which he doesn't do anymore. During the day, I can just turn up my TV and drown it out.

So, I blare some fiesty, sassy salsa dancing stuff and or loud ambient icelandic rock. It sometimes helps.