Page 54 of 171 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
    The heights soundtrack: How do you talk to an angel? Thanksfully it's almost over.

The rule of Soundgarden is the opposite of what you'd expect. They started out sucktastic, but got better as they became more commercial.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by sebillba
    Get it, it's excellent. More dance-orientated than their previous stuff, with heavier bass and some Depeche Mode-ish electro. But it's still obviously their own unique style. I love it, and Ulysses is my favourite single for months.
    Good to know. I'll definitely get it when I have the chance.

As for loud neighbors, there's a room in the dorm that often plays extremely loud techno with the bass turned way, way up, so it hurts my head even after I close the door. Gah. I have no idea why anyone would need to listen to music that loudly.

I was a part of a commercial for the high school video bulletin, where I modeled the Bob Dylan "toss the cards with words on 'em" clip, and Weird Al's "Bob" song of all palindromes was in the background; so I'm listening to Poodle Hat, with track 5 "Angry White Boy Polka" currently playing.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Bad thing about Beck: he puts out albums more often than anyone except Ryan Adams.

Good thing: he's not as popular, so I've been able to get his last two albums at closing Circuit Cities for 50%+ off.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    You should try to track down "Lost Cause," "Rowboat," and "A**hole." Those are some good Beck tracks.
    Bad thing about Beck: he puts out albums more often than anyone except Ryan Adams.
    Actually, he hasn't released that many. He just seems to have released them in bunches at times. Two of the songs you listed there were from albums I hadn't heard of, as they were indie releases shortly after Mellow Gold. After Midnight Vultures, it was three years until Sea Change, and another three until Guero. He's had three releases since then, but one was just remixes of the Guero album.

"Lost Cause" was one of the songs he did on SNL. That is probably the time I watched and didn't care for it. Listening to the clip now, I guess it is all right. "A**hole" is okay, and "Rowboat" sounds a bit too twangy for me.

So, I listed my top 10 iTunes purchases with the most plays. Four of them were also among the first ten purchases I made.

Nirvana - "You Know You're Right"
    Jonatha Brooke & The Story - "No Better"
    The Start - "The 1234"
    James Asher - "Earth Song"
    Buffalo Springfield - "Rock 'n Roll Woman"
    Jerry Reed - "Amos Moses"
    Air - "Sexy Boy"
    After The Fire - "Der Kommissar"
    Hot Hot Heat - "Bandages"
    The Killers - "Smile Like You Mean It"

Problem Child, AC/DC.

The rule of Soundgarden is the opposite of what you'd expect. They started out sucktastic, but got better as they became more commercial.
    Examples?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Have you listened to their stuff before Badmotorfinger? It's bad. Really bad. With the exception of "Big Dumb Sex," which is okay.

Badmotorfinger is quite good, Superunknown is better, and Down on the Upside is only slightly less good than Superunknown.

But as for me, I finally tracked down an illicit MP3 of the famous (or infamous) live version of "Are You Lonesome Tonight" where Elvis cracks a joke about the bald head on some dude in the audience and spends the rest of the song bursting out in fits of uncontrollable laughter. Needless to say, that track on repeat.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Finishing up "Trouble in Paradise" [live version] from Huey Lewis & the News, from the HLatN: Greatest Hits CD. Now it's on "It's Alright."
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

A couple things i'm listening to: William Elliot Whitmore's new disc, ANIMALS IN THE DARK, which is pretty fantastic so far. This guys voice is really terrific; I love his sound.

and been listening to the new U2 album, NO LINE ON THE HORIZON. I've listened to a few tracks and i'm really enjoying it so far; it has a nice mix of Joshua Tree meets Achtung Baby to it; "Magnificent" is my favorite track on the album so far. I'm enjoying it more than HOW TO DISMANTLE AN ATOMIC BOMB.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"