Page 55 of 181 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Have you listened to their stuff before Badmotorfinger? It's bad. Really bad. With the exception of "Big Dumb Sex," which is okay.
    I just listened to clips from Ultramega OK and Louder Than Love, and a lot of it sounded all right. They even had a Grammy nomination for Ultramega OK. The first song on that one, "Flower", sounds pretty good, but I didn't care for much of the rest. Louder Than Love seems more consistent. Of the four big Seattle bands from that era (Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, and Soundgarden), Soundgarden was the one I was least into, and I still don't own anything from them except for what was on the Singles soundtrack. I might be inclined to get their greatest hits or some selected tracks someday.

You can probably find Superunknown in a clearance bin at your local used CD store. It's one of the best albums of the 90s, no question.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The last few days I've "rediscovered" the Garden State soundtrack.
    Fantastic from beginning to end. Even the Coldplay song doesn't suck.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

The Payback, James Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Have you listened to their stuff before Badmotorfinger? It's bad. Really bad. With the exception of "Big Dumb Sex," which is okay.

Badmotorfinger is quite good, Superunknown is better, and Down on the Upside is only slightly less good than Superunknown.
    No, I haven't heard their earlier stuff.

I have Superunknown, don't care for it that much.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

You're the first person I've ever heard express that sentiment. Even people who don't like hard rock seem to like Superunknown.

Ah well, to each his own.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

After hearing Soul Coughing's "$300" on House last night, I listened to their album El Oso tonight. That is Spanish for "The Bear". Chux, aren't you the one that said bears make everything better?

Last night I also discovered that Shuttered Room, the first album by The Fixx, is now on iTunes. So, next time I purchase songs from there, I will get "Stand or Fall" and "Red Skies at Night". I have their greatest hits, but it has live versions of those songs instead. Before adding this album, the only versions of those songs on iTunes were either live or re-recorded versions. I'm guessing this was due to the fact that Shuttered Room was on a different label.

Psychoticbumpschool, Bootsy Collins. Part of my 3.2hr "funk" playlist.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Was that its title in quotes? Or are you saying Mr. Collins is only "quote-unquote" funk?

Heard two different Cake songs yesterday on the radio. When do you normally hear any Cake these days? (BTW, they were, of course, "The Distance" and "Never There" )
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Was that its title in quotes? Or are you saying Mr. Collins is only "quote-unquote" funk?

Heard two different Cake songs yesterday on the radio. When do you normally hear any Cake these days? (BTW, they were, of course, "The Distance" and "Never There" )
    I hear them on the TV every week because "Short Skirt Long Jacket" is the theme to Chuck. I guess I haven't heard them on the radio in a while, but I don't listen to the radio enough to hear a station that might play them.