Page 60 of 172 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
    ... a tradition unlike any other... buying '80s CDs on discount from Target. So now I'm listening to Wang Chung's most famous song in which they sing their own name in the song.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by JT
    Broken, Beat & Scarred, followed by Escape, Metallica. I'm just playing all my Metallica at once. 47 songs, 5 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    Right on!
    Thats it, 5 hours?!?!? I have 242 songs and 24.7 hours ripped to my computer and that isn't even everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    ... a tradition unlike any other... buying '80s CDs on discount from Target. So now I'm listening to Wang Chung's most famous song in which they sing their own name in the song.
    I liked "Dance Hall Days" better, and even bought the song from iTunes. There was a video show weekday afternoons on CBC back in the 80's called Video Hits, and they used "Everybody Have Fun Tonight" as their theme at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    I liked "Dance Hall Days" better,
    Me, too. And "To Live and Die in LA" is cool, as well.

"Got Me Under Pressure", ZZ Top, followed by "Taste the Pain", RHCP.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Thats it, 5 hours?!?!? I have 242 songs and 24.7 hours ripped to my computer and that isn't even everything!
    I won't buy "live" Metallica or anything between the black album and the new album. So the only thing I'm missing is Kill 'Em All.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I found a crusty Best of The 80's cd at Wal Mart the other day. It was only $2.50 since it was repacked. While most of the 'good' songs I already had the real gem (and the reason I bought it) is Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I found a crusty Best of The 80's cd at Wal Mart the other day. It was only $2.50 since it was repacked. While most of the 'good' songs I already had the real gem (and the reason I bought it) is Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins.
    Makes my $4.39 deal seem like a ripoff now. Does yours have a "zany" retro flashback comment on the case? My most recent one has: "In the 80s they changed America's favorite cola recipe, but we've kept the original ingredients of all your favorite 80s hits on this disc." Totally awesome!

The cover band I'm in is picking these hard songs to do. I'm cheap, so I don't want to pay for a $1 download, I go to Youtube and get them there.

We learned:

Possum Kingdom - The Toadies (this is kinda creepy-"do you want to die" -is this some kind of serial killer song?)
    Handle With Care - The Traveling Wilbury's (I call the guys "The Traveling Beer Bellies" they like their beer)

Next song is:
    Very Best Years - The Grays (this one is tough) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtkgE4h_EKw
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I discovered a new band yesterday called The Airborne Toxic Event, so I've been listening to a lot of their songs. Amazing band and the lead singer's voice reminds me a lot of Echo and the Bunnymen.

I also really like the song I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked by Ida Maria.

The Call of Ktulu, Metallica.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.