Page 62 of 183 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
    Still reeling from my two Flight of the Conchords concerts last week, so I was just now listening to their stuff.

Now onto Explosions in the sky, "Catastrophe and the cure" which is really fantastic.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I guess BMG Music is transforming into something else, so I decided to take advantage of the 6 free CD's I have had coming to me for a while. So I'm in the process of listening to those this week. Mostly old stuff.

ABBA - Gold - Greatest Hits
    The Very Best of the Beach Boys - Sounds of Summer
    Chuck Berry - The Definitive Collection
    Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Greatest Hits
    Ima Robot - self titled
    The Parlor Mob - And You Were A Crow

When I first heard The Parlor Mob, I thought it was Wolfmother. So, if you like them, The White Stripes, or Led Zeppelin, they might be worth checking out.

Is the Tom Petty the original release, or the "remastered" version that adds "Stop Dragging My Heart Around"?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Is the Tom Petty the original release, or the "remastered" version that adds "Stop Dragging My Heart Around"?
    It has that song. It says 2008 on the back. Looks like this is the one I have.

I played HLatN's "Perfect World" for my sophomores this week (relating lyrics to Lord of the Flies), and some students described its style as "polka like," "country and rock," and "nice." Hmm. Really?
    "That's what Sheev said."

Higher Ground, RHCP. The peppers know how to revisit this sort of thing, their version of the Ohio Players' Love Rollercoaster is actually better than the original.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Higher Ground, RHCP. The peppers know how to revisit this sort of thing, their version of the Ohio Players' Love Rollercoaster is actually better than the original.
    They also did a good cover of "Search & Destroy." Parts of "By the Way" sounds like they borrowed from Fugazi's "Brendan #1."

Soul Suckin' Jerk, Beck. "Rockin' tha mic like a mouldy crouton!" Awesome lyric.

They covered Search & Destroy? Wow, I'm listening to it now on youtube, it starts great. Damn, Kiedis is crushing it! Not the attitude of Iggy Pop, but dang good work none the less. Mix is funky, too much crash cymbal, but man, they are nailing it. HOLY CRAP I OWNED THIS! Son of a gun, that Beavis & Butt-head part at the end, that's from The Beavis & Butt-Head Experience, I owned that at one time on... cassette, I think. A really funny album actually. I can't believe I forgot that tune was on there. I just bought it on CD from Amazon. And on my music, Higher Ground came up from the Peppers. Man, the RHCP can really kick arse.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The Beavis & Butt-Head Experience is one of those rare soundtracks where not a single track is actually from the show, but somehow it's a better collection than the show deserves. (Nothing against B&B, that was just a really good collection. Even Jackyl didn't suck on it.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

New Hatebreed-"For the Lions" Tribute album to all of the great metal and punk bands that infleunced them!!!!!!!!!