Page 65 of 181 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast

Last two days, while grading final exams and cleaning up/boxing up my classroom, I had the following playing at various times (most instrumental music was during grading for obvious reasons)...

- ROJ Special Ed. soundtrack (both discs)
    - Watchmen score
    - Star Trek soundtrack
    - Curious George Jack Johnson soundtrack
    - Best of Matchbox Twenty
    - Greatest Hits of John Johnny Cougar Mellancamp Griffey Jr. (2 discs)
    - Old School Hip Hop compilation
    "That's what Sheev said."

On a John Williams fix Episodes 4 & 5, Jaws, Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind and Superman. He should of won an Oscar for Empire Stikes Back and Superman!!! He was robbed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Last two days, while grading final exams and cleaning up/boxing up my classroom, I had the following playing at various times (most instrumental music was during grading for obvious reasons)...

- ROJ Special Ed. soundtrack (both discs)
    - Watchmen score
    - Star Trek soundtrack
    - Curious George Jack Johnson soundtrack
    - Best of Matchbox Twenty
    - Greatest Hits of John Johnny Cougar Mellancamp Griffey Jr. (2 discs)
    - Old School Hip Hop compilation

Been hooked on Chickenfoot since I saw them at the Middle East in Cambridge last month. This is the new band with Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony (both of Van Halen/Hagar fame), Joe Satriani and Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer). Their debut album rocks (released last week). Can't wait to see them again when they come back to Boston in August. I have front row center seats and backstage passes.

Why does it not come as a surprise that someone with the handle "waboritas" digs Chickenfoot?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Won (from Austria, how appropriate) an auction for the Predator soundtrack. I've always liked listening to it in between the dialogue of the movie. And track #27 has part of the most famous bad-word quote from the film as its title. It'll make a good background for me when I'm trying to get papers graded faster!
    "That's what Sheev said."

I've probably mentioned Astreaux World before. It is an internet station that plays ambient, electronic, new age and space music. I've been listening to it a lot again lately. The guy who created the station passed away at the end of last year. Now, another fan of the station and member of the Astreaux World forums has taken it over and is keeping it going as an ongoing tribute to the guy. So, the station has been updated for the first time in a long time, with lots of music being added.

I first started listening to the station back in 2002. At the time, I was into collecting the Star Wars CCG cards. I'd go to town and buy some, and then come home and sort through them while listening to Astreaux World.

Star Trek First Contact End Credits, Jerry Goldsmith. A lot of end-credits tunes are great sources of music compilations, I've been listening to more and more lately. Raiders of the Lost Ark is another one.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've been on a Pink Floyd kick lately. I've got The Wall and Momentary Lapse of Reason in my car's CD player.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Tormentor, Slayer. Part of my 34.7 hour Metal only playlist.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.