Page 86 of 179 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136 ... LastLast
    Really? Find me a better radio station, and I'll gladly tune in. Besides... I love KCRW.
    plasticfetish.net

Listening to the second of two '80s songs with famous guitarists (often listed un-credited ) on "back-up" ... "Beat It," after "Let's Dance."
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I know who played guitar on "Let's Dance" (SRV) but who played on "Beat It?" Didn't Slash play on some MJ song... maybe "Dirty Dianna?"

"Beat It" was Eddie Van Halen. He did another song on HIStory, but I don't recall which.

Slash played the intro part (playing in the background while the kid's arguing with his dad) on "Black and White." He also played on a HIStory song, I think "D.S."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    "Beat It" was Eddie Van Halen. He did another song on HIStory, but I don't recall which.
    Wow, I had no idea.

Slash played the intro part (playing in the background while the kid's arguing with his dad) on "Black and White." He also played on a HIStory song, I think "D.S."
    Oh yeah that's it.

Funny, I always thought it was common knowledge that EVH played guitar on Beat It, but I had no idea who played on Let's Dance... I had to google it, but can't say I'm familiar with the guy.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Please tell me you're joking.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Stevie Ray Vaughan? Seriously, I've never heard of him... seems like he's had a couple of hits in Britain backing other artists, but never in his own right.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Okay, I wasn't trying to sound obnoxious, but that comes as a bit of a surprise. The guy was easily the most successful (and one of the most talented) blues musician (regardless of instrument, including voice) of the past 40 years. He had several hits stateside, which is incredibly rare for anyone playing blues after the British Invasion (not counting Zeppelin, who pretty much are heavy blues even if they don't say so).
    Tommy, close your eyes.