Page 90 of 181 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
    Hatredcopter, Dethklok. And I'm going to keep on listening to this song until the Shuffle system in WMP stops bringing up Aerosmith's "Angel" next! (This is technically not possible, since Angel is now already queued up next no matter what, so my only choices are to either jump past it, remove it from the playlist, play Hatredcopter forever, or gouge out my ears.

After 3 listens to the Dethklok anthem about their giant evil helicopter, it's that good a tune, I jumped past Angel because it was quickest, and I got Delivering the Goods, Judas Priest, from the Unleashed in the East album, NICE!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Warrant's Cherry Pie: aside from the title track and two other minor hits ("Uncle Tom's Cabin" and "I Saw Red"), this is one hell of a dated album. At one point, I'm sure they thought "Ode to Tipper Gore" was funny. At one point, we all did, sad to say.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I should clarify that the hits on Cherry Pie are hella dated, too, but they still have some appeal. Especially that insanely stupid, and insanely catchy, title song.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Goldfinger, Shirley Bassey - I'm playing my Bond playlist. It ends at The World is Not Enough because what Madonna did with "Die Another Day" should have gotten her tried in The Hague. I thought about adding "You Know My Name" but it's a bit overproduced in the wrong direction and generic rock for a Bond tune, and since Madonna ruined the run, I figured why waste the money. And "Another Way to Die" is just right out at that point, it's a rather mediocre pairing of Alicia Keys and Jack White into a mess. The problem is that 007's producers have turned the once-iconic Bond Themesong into a cheap ploy for more marketing.

Followed by Thunderball, Tom Jones (naturally).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Just as I clicked on this thread, "Laid" by James came on the radio - great record.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Quote Originally Posted by sebillba View Post
    Just as I clicked on this thread, "Laid" by James came on the radio - great record.
    Good song Seb's! As for myself I'm listening to the That Thing You Do! Soundtrack.

We caught Sir Elton John in Toledo last night and it was flippin' amazing. Elton and his band played for 2 hours, 45 minutes with 25 tracks that spanned Elton's career. The band was really awesome and Elton is a really fantastic performer; he had a great relationship with the crowd, always getting up inbetween songs to wave, point, and bow at the crowd. I didn't know this until yesterday morning, but a site called simfylive is actually recording his tour and selling copies of each show. I bought a flashdrive after the show that had the first 11 tracks and I can download the rest today; i'm listening to "Levon" now and it's awesome. Glad to see more and more artists/bands recording their live shows.

I hope to see John again!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Good song Seb's! As for myself I'm listening to the That Thing You Do! Soundtrack.
    That's the thing to do, whenever you need a nice pick-me-up.

Jim Rome is switching between the theme from M*A*S*H* and some techno song I've heard many times but don't know it's title.
    "That's what Sheev said."