Page 101 of 180 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1798
    I forgot to ask this before
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Master of Puppets not getting that Grammy award ruined that band, I liked the black album when it came out but now it's very hard for me to listen to, it's very watered down.
    Why do you think ... AJFA not getting the grammy ruined the band?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuckie
    I still am a minority of one, but I dig Load and ReLoad to this day. St. Anger was a pile of dog snot, though.
    Make that a minority of two, I like Load and ReLoad as well. St. Anger has its moments. For the longest time I didn't like ...AJFA with the exception of One, but now looking back I like it more then in the past.... its still far from my favorite but I don't have a problem throwing it in the cd player every now and then.

Cocaine, Eric Clapton. Pandora chose it from my Cat Scratch Fever channel.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I forgot to ask this before

Why do you think ... AJFA not getting the grammy ruined the band?
    Because after that, their music tried to win accolades, they started aiming it, making "product" for a wider audience, which is more about targeting and softening to gain more radio play and thus wider acceptance. It's not from the heart or the groin, it's from Bob Rock's 64-channel mixing board. It's slower, thinner, uses the word "crap", shorter, less inventive, less changeups, less balls, no more sci-fi instrumentals. That era is more about marketing than about music, it sounds more produced than anything else (Death Magnetic gets away from this, and I didn't know it wasn't Bob Rock until I started doing the research for this discussion), they started going for a formula that let folks like my grandmother listen to them. They wanted accolades and cash over playing badass music. Even Lars' drumming feels lazier from the black album on, IMO.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Even Lars' drumming feels lazier from the black album on, IMO.
    I agree with that one no doubt. He once said he isn't as interested in the drums as he used to be (he continued to take lessons through ...AJFA). I understand his 'concept' behind his playing on Load (he wanted to make an album without using double kick drum) and he also said he stopped listening and following Neil Peart. While he was never known for "Peart like drumming" he was known for lightning fast double bass work and he totally got away from that. During the recording of St. Anger he said that some of the songs were long and that he even was playing double bass again. While both of those points were true I found that just because you're throwing in some double bass that doesn't mean that double bass was needed.

When listening to live shows (I've got a number of bootlegs from pretty much every tour they have ever done) and his playing has become sloppy and he takes "the easy way out" when playing KEM - Puppets era songs.

All of that said even at my "prime" as a drummer and Lars at his worst he could have one armed and one legged out drummed me.

Was playing all my Metallica right now on shuffle, it was the end of Suicide & Redemption, then it went to Call of Ktulu, and I was like "I don't want another instrumental right after 1" so I clicked forward and Orion comes up! It's like the metal gods were trying to tell me something... something about forgetting to mention Hetfield's vocals and how they're now "singing". (I didn't use it in my prior post because I think it's a little unfair to call out, the guy's throat is probably trashed from years of the original Metallica scream so he has to do something new.)

Anyway, you shouldn't feel bad that Lars is a better drummer than you, he should be, he's the ****ing drummer for Metallica, that should mean something extra special! But for a while now he's sorta forgotten that.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hetfield lost his voice while recording "So What" during the Black Album, since then he has been using an actual 'warm up.' He talks about it on the S&M 'behind the scenes part.'

I think his voice has matured as he has gotten older, however with that has come "wooo's" "yeahhhhh's" and other nonsense.

Ohh and one more thing about Lars. He used to be my favorite member, now I think he's a D bag.

I didn't know he blew his voice out on a punk cover, that's pretty goofy. Listening to it now, sounds like he's going for the job of Henry Rollins understudy.

Ever since Lars threw a very public hissy over Napster (when it was really his dumbass engineer's fault), he's been on a massive downslide into d-baggery.

Uh, anyway, I was listening to Life, by Sly & the Family Stone before that.

I forgot to say before JT, in your Metallica instrumental 'set' did 'Anthestia' come up? Not only does it feature Cliff but if you listen carefully there is a screw up by Lars.

As for what I'm listening to right now. Stillborn ~ Black Label Society.

I wanna join in this musical conversation, too!

Belinda Carlisle "I Get Weak." \m/ \m/

Wait; that's not metal. Eh.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I wanna join in this musical conversation, too!

Belinda Carlisle "I Get Weak." \m/ \m/

Wait; that's not metal. Eh.
    "This Town" by the Go-Go's is a bit closer to metal. There is a version of it on Youtube by Human Waste Project featuring Jonathan Davis that is much closer to metal.

Enough of the metal, now on to show tunes.

Aids
    ~ From Team America World Police.