Page 110 of 180 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1797
    Death Magnetic barely redeemed them after St. Anger. Barely. The songs from St. Anger are okay taken by themselves, but it's a huge chore to listen to the album.

On the one hand, it wouldn't surprise me to know Hetfield used an autotuner (I haven't noticed, but will check it out). On the other hand, wasn't this album produced by Rick Rubin? That's not been his style for a while... but, then again, he did start out with hip hop, so it wouldn't be a huge surprise on that front, either.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The Four Horsemen, Metallica. Pretty kickass song, Mustaine's writing seems to be all the maturity on this album's sound.
    Don't you mean Mechanix?
    Quote Originally Posted by JT
    Speaking of Metallica, I was listening to Death Magnetic on my headphones the other day, and I'm almost sure I could hear Hetfield using an autotuner. I think it was Unforgiven III. It wouldn't be surprising really considering how wrecked Hetfield's voice got, but boy would it be a sellout move.
    I've listened to The Unforgiven III maybe three times, its one of the few Metallica songs I truly truly don't like and I pass on it when it comes up (the same goes for The Unforgiven II, but the OG Unforgiven I like).

Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    Death Magnetic barely redeemed them after St. Anger. Barely.
    Wha? Really? What didn't you like? What kind of album would you have rather seen them make?

Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    On the other hand, wasn't this album produced by Rick Rubin? That's not been his style for a while... but, then again, he did start out with hip hop, so it wouldn't be a huge surprise on that front, either.
    Yes Rubin produced DM.

It was good, but they required greatness to fully redeem St. Anger. It was just not as good as any of their pre-Anger studio albums.

But they still have time.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Holy Diver, Dio

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Death Magnetic barely redeemed them after St. Anger. Barely. The songs from St. Anger are okay taken by themselves, but it's a huge chore to listen to the album.

On the one hand, it wouldn't surprise me to know Hetfield used an autotuner (I haven't noticed, but will check it out). On the other hand, wasn't this album produced by Rick Rubin? That's not been his style for a while... but, then again, he did start out with hip hop, so it wouldn't be a huge surprise on that front, either.
    It was produced by Rubin, but Rubin isn't only a hip-hop producer, and I've never heard he was a cheat. His production style is usually straight-up. And he's produced Slayer, RHCP, Danzig, System of a Down's best album, and Rage Against the Machine's worst album.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I've listened to The Unforgiven III maybe three times, its one of the few Metallica songs I truly truly don't like and I pass on it when it comes up (the same goes for The Unforgiven II, but the OG Unforgiven I like).
    I don't care for Unforgiven II, but 3 ain't so bad, it's an adequate part of the album. Or, it was until I started noticing it's got autotuner on it, which I can't stand. James Hetfield's role is not spelled "T-PAIN"

It was good, but they required greatness to fully redeem St. Anger. It was just not as good as any of their pre-Anger studio albums.

But they still have time.
    Time is, as far as we know, not cyclical, so they don't really have time to become what they were.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I know Rubin is far more than hip hop; my point was that's where he started, and autotuned messes are, unfortunately, where the zombie genre known as hip hop has gone.

I hear the name Rubin, and the first thing I think of is a dude with an almost supernatural ability to seek out washed-up but madly talented musicians, strip them down to the bare core of what makes their songs great, and give them the most chart success they've had in their careers. Like what he did for Johnny Cash and Neil Diamond.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Speaking of Metallica, I was listening to Death Magnetic on my headphones the other day, and I'm almost sure I could hear Hetfield using an autotuner. I think it was Unforgiven III. It wouldn't be surprising really considering how wrecked Hetfield's voice got, but boy would it be a sellout move.
    Almost everybody's using those things these days. I'm almost getting where I like to hear out of tune voices.

21 Guns (is it?) by Green Day had the unmistakable perfect pitch correction and artificial sound enhancement of an autotuner when I listened closely to it the other day. They sold out a while ago though.

Screaming for Vengeance, Judas Priest

I know Rubin is far more than hip hop; my point was that's where he started, and autotuned messes are, unfortunately, where the zombie genre known as hip hop has gone.

I hear the name Rubin, and the first thing I think of is a dude with an almost supernatural ability to seek out washed-up but madly talented musicians, strip them down to the bare core of what makes their songs great, and give them the most chart success they've had in their careers. Like what he did for Johnny Cash and Neil Diamond.
    Rick Rubin has been known to be opposed to the use of the autotuner for some time, and he's called out hip-hop and pop music for its use.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Almost everybody's using those things these days. I'm almost getting where I like to hear out of tune voices.

21 Guns (is it?) by Green Day had the unmistakable perfect pitch correction and artificial sound enhancement of an autotuner when I listened closely to it the other day. They sold out a while ago though.
    Yeah, I hate the autotuner, I hate overly-polished and -produced music in general, but lead vocals should sound like lead vocals, not some synth crap... nobody would allow a Clapton song with the guitar made on a PC.

I haven't been listening to Green Day in a while, but that bums me out to hear they're possibly using it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

"[Saturday] night, it [wasn't] late..."
    "Reminicing" by LRB (Little River Band). "I said to myself..."
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega