Page 128 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1774
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Yeah, I remember the local news/talk station used to play music in the afternoon many years ago, and that was one song that I heard frequently and really liked. I'd buy it off of iTunes, but I would want to be sure it is the same version. Seems like there were a lot of different versions and remakes the last time I looked, and didn't really take the time to try to find the right one.

Another song I recall the station playing back then was "A Taste of Honey" by Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP7EzJtXWQM
    You're correct, there are a TON of arangements of In The Mood, and I as well don't care for all of them. I might like Miller's best because 1) I've heard that version the most and/or 2) that is the arrangement that we played in jazz band in high school.

MSP, I'd recommend giving Sing Sing Sing a listen, great old tune with a nice long drum solo :evildrummerguy: it was used a few years ago in a commercial...maybe for a candy bar I think?

In a totally different musical direction: Bust A Move ~ Young MC.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    You're correct, there are a TON of arangements of In The Mood, and I as well don't care for all of them. I might like Miller's best because 1) I've heard that version the most and/or 2) that is the arrangement that we played in jazz band in high school.
    It was definitely a Glenn Miller version. I looked on iTunes after my last post and saw versions with two different lengths, and of varying quality of sound. On one you could even hear the crackling sound of an old vinyl record. I think if I pick one of the longer versions with the sound I like the best, I should be happy.

Today, I listened one of the Genius Mixes on my iTunes - New Wave Mix. First song up was "She Talks in Stereo" by Gary Myrick & The Figures. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB0GMfFeTjs

Perhaps my favorite Blondie song came up in the mix - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWhkbDMISl8&ob=av2n

While I like The Monkee's "I'm a Believer", I'm not sure why it got played. Otherwise, it was a good mix of New Wave tunes.

MSP, I'd recommend giving Sing Sing Sing a listen, great old tune with a nice long drum solo :evildrummerguy: it was used a few years ago in a commercial...maybe for a candy bar I think?
    Just looked it up, and that is definitely familiar. Research shows that Louis Prima first recorded it, and that version has words. Apparently the most famous version is by Benny Goodman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sing,_S...(With_a_Swing)

In keeping (sorta) with the swing theme: Jive Bunny and the Mastermixers ~ Swing The Mood. From the early 90's its a compilation of 8-9 swing/early rock/rockabilly songs.

The Super 8 movie soundtrack is worth getting. Exciting, quiet and peaceful, good themes and motifs; 33 total tracks. Took three or four weeks of release dates changes, but it's good.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Start Me Up ~ The Folksmen from the the soundtrack to A Mighty Wind.
    With one of the most famous opening guitar riffs! :neverstop:

A Mighty Wind ~ The Folksmen, The New Main Street Singers and Mitch and Mickey from the Soundtrack to: A Mighty Wind

This week, while setting up my classroom and doing other teacher things, these CDs have been playing in the background:
    - Wall-E soundtrack
    - best of... Incubus
    - Pure Funk collection
    - Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack
    - best of... New Order
    - Alpocalypse
    - Super 8 soundtrack

Star Trek: First Contact soundtrack. I wanted to hear something kinda bitter.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.