Page 140 of 183 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1822
    I once bought a 2Pac CD at the same time as an Alanis Morissette one. That confused the clerk a bit.

No love for the Scorpions, JT? Their non-80s stuff is generally quite good, even if their output from that decade is a bit "hairy."

BCJ, you should listen to the very first Chicago album. It's like a totally different band from the stuff they've done since; very jazzy in a "real" jazz way, not a smooth jazz way. (Speaking of which, JT, did your Pandora station play any of Miles' more experimental later stuff? I dig his earlier stuff, but I love when he started getting wild--y'know, the rock/funk/jazz stuff most people seem to hate.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The 2 CDs I bought last weekend that included best of Chicago was also a best of No Doubt. The cashier saw the picture of Gwen Stefani on the back and said "she really looks like that one singer from the 80s, with short hair."

No, not that one.

Nope, wrong singer.

Her? Not correct.

Finally I guessed Annie Lennox and was informed that I was right. Okay...
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    The 2 CDs I bought last weekend that included best of Chicago was also a best of No Doubt. The cashier saw the picture of Gwen Stefani on the back and said "she really looks like that one singer from the 80s, with short hair."

No, not that one.

Nope, wrong singer.

Her? Not correct.

Finally I guessed Annie Lennox and was informed that I was right. Okay...
    She does???

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    She does???
    So says that Best Buy employee. My guesses were Deborah Harry, Cyndi Lauper, and the lead singer of Missing Persons. :wrong:

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    White Room, Cream.
    There is this interesting instrumental version of this that I am currently listening to on Pandora. It is called "(Off)White Room" by Carneyball Johnson. I gave it a thumbs up a while back, so I hear it from time to time on this station.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    I saw that Kool & The Gang are touring with Van Halen, so I suppose Motörhead isn't too much of a stretch.
    What??? K&TG?!?!? WTF?!?!? And Motorhead would be too heavy to be paired up with VH.

Yesterday's grading session (read: needs instrumental background music) included the following soundtracks:
    - The Artist (okay, "Pennies From Heaven" has words)
    - Watchmen
    - Airplane!
    - IJ & Last Crusade
    - DirecTV's "Silver Screen" movie songs station

Today's grading paid tribute to Ralph McQuarrie's passing since his artwork was on the CDs from the pre-Special Editions set. Disc 4 is still among my favorite SW collections of all time ("Lapti Nek," both Cantina Band versions, songs from all 3 OT films).