Page 141 of 178 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1775
    Right now it's Zeppelin! Rock and Roll! and now The Rover! YEAAAAAH!

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Wow, all over the place JT! Reminds me of last summer when I picked up a Gordon Lightfoot Best of and a live Metallica album. The guy at the store was a bit confused!
    Heh, that's quite a mix, did you listen to them together as well?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I once bought a 2Pac CD at the same time as an Alanis Morissette one. That confused the clerk a bit.

No love for the Scorpions, JT? Their non-80s stuff is generally quite good, even if their output from that decade is a bit "hairy."

BCJ, you should listen to the very first Chicago album. It's like a totally different band from the stuff they've done since; very jazzy in a "real" jazz way, not a smooth jazz way. (Speaking of which, JT, did your Pandora station play any of Miles' more experimental later stuff? I dig his earlier stuff, but I love when he started getting wild--y'know, the rock/funk/jazz stuff most people seem to hate.)
    Tupac and Alanis go together based on their '90s marketing cred.

Example of non-cheesy/horrible Scorpions? I haven't heard one yet.

Pandora doesn't have much of the later Miles stuff in my station, I'm tempted to add a second station based around something like Big Fun, but I suspect any derivatives it produces from that seed will be unbearable - it's very hard to find stuff like that which works for me, like Coltrane's Interstellar Space, I know it's well-liked but to me almost all of it is nails on chalkboard.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by me
    Wow, all over the place JT! Reminds me of last summer when I picked up a Gordon Lightfoot Best of and a live Metallica album. The guy at the store was a bit confused!
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Heh, that's quite a mix, did you listen to them together as well?
    Yup, I gave each a bit of a listen between the record store and my humble abode.

Quote Originally Posted by JT
    Example of non-cheesy/horrible Scorpions? I haven't heard one yet.
    Winds of Change?

I'd start with "Robot Man," 2-1B's theme song.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfg8tR0kxiY
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Kermit the Frog and Rowlf the Dog singing Rainbow Connection at the D23 award conference where Jim Henson was honoroed.

Winds of Change, really? That song is anti-metal.

I don't think I've heard Robot Man, but the vocals are still cheesy in my book.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Winds of Change, really? That song is anti-metal.
    So then you're pro Berlin Wall?

Finally opened up the No Doubt best of CD. The last song, "Trapped in a Box," was from before they were "known" after the Tragic Kingdom breakout album; it sounds cool.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Did you not have any of their pre-Tragic Kingdom stuff? The first album is barely passable, but I'm quite fond of The Beacon Street Collection.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Ace of Spades (the album), Motorhead - first rock I've listened to since I got sick last week, up until now it's been all TV and jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    So then you're pro Berlin Wall?
    HEY, IT KEPT OUT DEM COMMIES!!!