Page 142 of 181 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1807
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Did you not have any of their pre-Tragic Kingdom stuff? The first album is barely passable, but I'm quite fond of The Beacon Street Collection.
    This was the first song I'd heard before their radio singles. So: no; doubt.
    "That's what Sheev said."

My Funny Valentine, Miles Davis.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, maybe you should give this a whirl. It's from their "hair years," even... on the same album as "No One Like You."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

JT, maybe you should give this a whirl. It's from their "hair years," even... on the same album as "No One Like You."
    Well, I heard about a minute of it, it wasn't as bad as some but it really didn't bring me to anything except eyerolls. I dunno what it is, there's something insincere about the lead vocals and guitar, they're so thin.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Well, I heard about a minute of it, it wasn't as bad as some but it really didn't bring me to anything except eyerolls. I dunno what it is, there's something insincere about the lead vocals and guitar, they're so thin.
    Well, this song has no vocals, and has Michael Schenker playing guitar.

Worth a try, I suppose.

JT, I'm not trying to sound snide or anything, but could the "insincerity" you're perceiving in the vocals maybe be a result of English being not Schenker's native tongue?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Roll Call, Hank Mobley.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Well, this song has no vocals, and has Michael Schenker playing guitar.
    That's better, although repetitive and the melodic rhythm guitar partway through has cheese factor.

Worth a try, I suppose.

JT, I'm not trying to sound snide or anything, but could the "insincerity" you're perceiving in the vocals maybe be a result of English being not Schenker's native tongue?
    No dude! It's that he's singing into an upper range through his nose, I didn't even know they were German when I was a kid, I just knew they sucked. Even their best song at the time, Rock You Like a Hurricane, the vocals aren't struggling due to language, but due to being done by a total poser. Plus, it's not like the guitar has a language barrier, it's thin because it's thin and relies on action to get past range. The vocals are thin with limited range, the guitar plays to that too and then gets over-produced for albums, they went for a specific kind of hair metal pop appeal and got it, but at the sacrifice of sounding like men, instead they're Kraft cheese.

Cyndi Lauper, "All Through the Night."
    "That's what Sheev said."