Page 163 of 172 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 1711

OMD's "Dreaming." An underrated '80s band, IMHO.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Was that before you were invited to be Larry's (your best friend Harry's brother) best man?

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Was that before you were invited to be Larry's (your best friend Harry's brother) best man?
    During! Dead and Bloated ~ STP.

DirecTV's 80s station must've been featuring 2-hit-wonders' OTHER hits: "Never Surrender" (Corey Hart), "The Sun Always Shines on TV" (A-Ha), "Two Tribes" (Frankie Goes to Hollywood).

Nirvana's "The Man Who Sold the World," which I always thought was called "The Madness of the World." Who knew? (not me)

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Nirvana's "The Man Who Sold the World," which I always thought was called "The Madness of the World." Who knew? (not me)
    It's a David Bowie song, though I did not know at the time. That was such a great Unplugged show. I liked that they didn't play all their hits, and instead used it as an opportunity to do something different.

Elvis: Aloha from Hawaii on one of the local PBS stations. When I was a kid, they played boring stuff. Now it seems like its all rock concerts. You won't see me complaining.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Elvis: Aloha from Hawaii on one of the local PBS stations. When I was a kid, they played boring stuff. Now it seems like its all rock concerts. You won't see me complaining.
    Yeah, last week that was supposed to be on before the classic Doctor Who I watch on Saturday night. I flipped it over a bit early, and it was Jackie Evancho instead. However, Elvis was listed as being on at the same time again this week, and I did see that it was on this time.

A few years ago I noticed that Austin City Limits sometimes had some music I would like, but I never think to check, and never know when it is on. Just checking now, and it looks like they had Sonic Youth and The Black Keys on the most recent show. That is something that I might have liked, but would have had to find the time to watch it because I wouldn't be staying up that late to watch it.