Page 171 of 178 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 1774

So... I've been listening to Riding A Black Unicorn by Voltaire. Anyway, while listening I just happened to come across this picture of Han Solo on top of Swift Wind from She-Ra.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	han-solo-unicorn-top-600x515.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	28233

Needless to say, one thing lead to another and I ended up writing down lyrics for a "Weird Al" type "Star Wars/Han Solo" themed parody of Voltaire's song. I'm calling it Flying A Big White Falcon. Now we just need to find someone with some music/voice talent to record it.

The dark side falls on outer space
    Ensnaring all without a trace
    And I try to live
    Smuggling spice on a lease
    I tried to get up on my feet
    Been so long, shackled down on my knees
    For somewhere deep inside, I know
    The force favors the bold

So tonight, I'm flying a big white falcon
    Through the trench of Tarkin's exploding death star
    And I shoot, shoot, shoot
    From a blaster filled
    With the hope of the rebellion

When the dark side is drowning you
    And makes you feel alone and so old
    Find me, and grab a hold
    This blaster, it overflows

So tonight, you're flying a big white falcon
    And you shoot, shoot, shoot
    From a blaster filled

Lords of Sith and Jedi Knights
    Hand over the reins
    Leave our path, that all nights
    We find the will to break these chains
    And fly!

So tonight, we're flying our big white falcons
    And we shoot, shoot, shoot
    From a blaster filled
    And the blood and tears of our enemies
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

I'm a few days late on this but and I'm home and no longer in Boston but I just listened to I'm Shipping Up To Boston ~ Dropkick Murphy's. After hearing it at the Brewers/Red Sox game I remembered how much that song kicks butt.

After 7 years of snubbing the band Nightwish for firing their lead singer, I decided to give their album Dark Passion Play a chance. Turns out it's pretty good and Anette Olzon's voice doesn't grate on me as much as it used to. However, I think the album would have been ten times better with Tarja singing lead vocals.

Just in case anyone hasn't heard of Nightwish, they are a Finnish symphonic/heavy metal band. Their signature sound used to be a mix of opera and heavy metal and it was extremely effective and really set them apart from other modern metal bands. I highly recommend their earlier albums: Oceanborn, Wishmaster, Century Child and Once.

If I was to pick one song that really encapsulates their sound at its best, it would be this one:
    http://youtu.be/bf1-n-RrhVc

On my run this morning I went to the lighthouse my city has on Lake Michigan and on it somebody spray painted "2 Legit 2 Quit." So with that in mind I fired up the way back machine and listened to MC Hammer's '2 Legit 2 Quit"

That classic tune ruminating on those hypothetical and philosophical questions of life: C + C Music Factory's "Things That Make You Go Hmmm..."
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Since I've taken my new job and have about an hour commute each way, I've gone the way of listening to podcasts. Some of my favorites are Star Wars in Character, Indiana Jones in Character, The GR80's: The Great 80's Movie Debate.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Briefcase Full of Guts, Deathklok
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

On this day in 1954 Bill Halley and the Comets record (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock what is considered the song that really got RnR going...so to speak.