Page 175 of 181 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 1802
    Wheels, AC/DC
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I found a Spin Doctors hits compilation about a week ago, on clearance (new) at FYE for fifty cents. I picked it up, since it was pretty poorly chosen tracks for an album purporting to be hits, since half of it was b-sides. The last track was "You've Got to Believe in Something," the title track from their third studio album, which I bought sixteen years ago, listened to once, hated, and would've donated or sold ages ago if my weird neuroses didn't keep telling me not to. The track wasn't half bad, so I dusted off the old CD, and it's pretty good, too. These guys will never win any real awards or show up on "Best Ever" lists, but I really think they would have more of a legacy if the lead singer didn't seem superdouchey (he probably isn't, but he comes across as it) and have an irritating voice. I'd consider picking up any of their later albums if I found them at Goodwill.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I found a Spin Doctors hits compilation ....
    Your post reminded me of this story from The Onion from WAAAAAAAYY back in the day.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/bil...rs-in-ear,639/

As for myself Fat Lip ~ Sum 41.

Some random radio songs yesterday, on the same car errand: "It's a Sin," Pet Shop Boys (which I may use while teaching The Crucible next year); "Love is a Battlefield," Pat Benatar; "China Girl," David Bowie.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Bop Gun (One Nation) ~ Ice Cube featuring George Clinton. A song oddly enough I also heard at Fenway Park during batting practice when I was there in April.

Nice one, JJB.

'90s station must be on a "calm" setting: Depeche Mode's "Enjoy the Silence" then into Sarah McLachlan's "Adia."

Listening to some Funk on the new Amazon Prime Music app, More Bounce to the Ounce, Zapp
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pet-Shop Jos View Post
    Some random radio songs yesterday, on the same car errand: "It's a Sin," Pet Shop Boys (which I may use while teaching The Crucible next year)...
    I picked up (one of) their greatest hits CD; right now it's in that stretch of such compilations where I don't always recall hearing those songs, like "It's Alright." And I definitely plan to use that other song for The Crucible.