View Poll Results: Are you excited by what Hasbro showed of the Clone Wars Collection at Toy Fair?

Voters
475. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I can't wait for this stuff!

196 41.26%
  • Not.

105 22.11%
  • It's OK

174 36.63%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I also voted for ok, cause the only two things I'm really interested in is the clonetrooper 3-pack and Unleashed Luke, the other stuff like Hailfire Droid looks cool but I have no need for it
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

Well no choices on the poll were to my liking so I didn't actually vote.
    I like it all bar the unleashed crud and the repainted gunship.
    I love the clones three pack and the droid set is fine for army building. I'll buy at least five of each. Yoda looks fine to me and i love his little floating command station with fold down legs. Geo fighter and hailfire drid are really nice and just for variety and as a deleted scene authentic vessel i'll get the jedi starfighter. The AAT I bought already so unless they do a really nice paint job i'll leave that. The rest of the stuff like Anaking suped up starfighter sound interesting but if it's all gimmicked up I'll probably pass. the clone commando with swoop and mandalorian with swoop sound very interesting as i love the smaller speeders. As long as the commando doesn't have removable armor like that last crappy deluxe clone.
    It's a crying shame that a lot this stuff didn't come on regular saga cards and packaging. But heyho, i love the new packaging. Bright bold and fresh. By the looks of this I'll only be leaving the gunship because the paint job so far looks poo and the price is too high. Yeah and that horrid unleashed trash. But technically I say bring it all on with faint reservations about backing this whole venture...

And I find it highly amusing how people who went out and bought Santa Threepio and reindeer R2 in a tacky snow globe are dissin' Yoda in his waistcoat and sash. Which is the more ridiculous? Far as i'm concerned it's a logical step for Yoda to get active and kick some butt whereas Santa Threepio is just sooooooo out of character...... talk about double standards

Originally posted by turbowars
    the TF is for retail and collectors right? I say this, because I had no clue there was a fair for toys until I got deep into this hobby. The average Joe will never see this stuff, until it's on the pegs
    Toy Fair is primarily for showing retailers what toys they'll be able to order in the coming year and so toy companies can garner enough retailer interest to get a line to market. Secondarily, it presents these toys and toy concepts to the media, the networks usually do 1 or 2 Toy Fair news stories showing off what is there, and this also builds interest in the various lines shown.

Originally posted by shabo451
    I, for one, appreciate some variety.
    To me, this line doesn't seem like more variety, it seems like it's less variety, taking away other SW movie figures while giving us standard Hasbro repaints and redecos (look at the early waves of Transformers and GI Joe from back in the '80s, nearly every TF had a repainted version and almost every Joe from the first wave had the same body). I won't lie, I'll probably buy a few pieces from this line like the Jedi troop builder 3pack, but I'm far from excited by it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Pack-in figures always!

Originally posted by JarJarBinks [/i]
    "The droid stuck in the top, doesn't come with the toy.

There was never a flip up piece with the original tank"

Two things... 1)The flip up thing I was thinking about was actually the panel on the front that switched to show a damaged droid.

2) I didn't buy the tank originally because it was not packed with a figure. Hasbro could pack any random figure in with a ship and I'd buy it as was testimony by sticking an R2 unit in with the Royal starship. I did not buy any of the new ships without figures until the price was more than cut in half. Maybe they sat on the shelves so long because other people feel like I do. Pack in and I'll buy it!
    The "new" tank... I will not buy it this time around either.
    Skeeziks22

I am VERY excited to SEE the new Clone line. But buy it? I am getting more and more comfortable with my buying hiatus every day, and with every stupid idea Hasbro throws at us like we were a pack of yard dogs begging for a bone. Not participating in Toy Fair was a slap in the face. It may be redeemed by how they present their stuff on their 'site, but I don't hold much hope. Hasbro's arogance is a bigger and bigger bone of contention for me every day.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

I'd like to see a better balance of new and old trilogy figures. I have loved everything I've seen at retail this year so far. The Clone wars toys shown at Toy Fair worry me though. I guess with the possibility of the Clone Wars cartoon etc. coming out, Hasbro is targeting kids instead of collectors. I can't blame them. There are a lot more kids than collectors and I know that when I was a kid I wanted everything I saw on T.V. I just hope that Hasbro doesn't end up alienating collectors with rehashed vehicles and G.I. Yoda's with kung-fu grip. Hasbro only showed a small segment of what they have planned for the year, so I'll reserve judgement until I see these things on the pegs.

Why is everyone so upset about Hasbro not showing at Toy Fair? Who cares? Do any of you go to it? Do we not all see a lot of sneak peeks at upcoming toys well before they come out anyways? We see sneak peeks of toys that don't ever come out (wave 2 cantina), so why just keep teasing yourselves with more...

I long for the day when I was surprised at what I saw on the peg... not on the web.
    Skeeziks22

Originally posted by skeeziks22
    Why is everyone so upset about Hasbro not showing at Toy Fair? Who cares? Do any of you go to it? Do we not all see a lot of sneak peeks at upcoming toys well before they come out anyways? We see sneak peeks of toys that don't ever come out (wave 2 cantina), so why just keep teasing yourselves with more...

I long for the day when I was surprised at what I saw on the peg... not on the web.
    You'll soon find out why...
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Another mysterious post from SirSteve. I hate it when he knows stuff and doesn't tell.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Ditto Rouge II
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten