8000 series question

I had never collected any of the Star Wars Lego items, nor had I ever really paid much attention to them until my mother-in-law got the 8009 R2-D2 for me for Christmas. I was amazed! I have since purchased the Darth Vader (8010), Jango Fett (8011), and SBD (8012). I noticed on the box Vader came in there were Stormtroopers in the background. I was hoping someone knows where I could find a list of other 8000 series sets and if there are any secondary outlets where these sets can still be found. Thanks!

i dont know where u live but here in the uk they are readily available at toysrus

I take it your talking about the Technic sets. I picked up a Stormtrooper for $40.00 while driving down South to Florida. Then I saw one recently at a Toy's R Us here in Illinois. I was waiting for them to drop in price, but since I collect Stormtroopers, I couldn't risk letting it go. I did get the Vader, Jango, Super Battle droid all on clearance at Wal-Mart. Just keep your eyes open, because it looks like they won't be around. You might also check in your box, and if they have a form to get the Lego catalog, you might still find them in there. Possibly you could call the number in the Lego catalog, and see if they have any in stock.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I got the Ep 1 Technic figures, Pit Droid, Battle Droid, and Destroyer Droid, but somehow never got into the rest of the series, mainly due to a lack of display space and cash. I like the concepts very much, but the human Fett and Stormtrooper don't quite do it for me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Talking Re: 8000 series question

Manji, here’s a little something for you…

Here’s a complete list of the LEGO Technic 8000 series of Star Wars figures/droids sets:

8000: Pit Droid. Alternate model: Speeder Bike.
    8001: Battle Droid. Alternate models: Security and officer (Battle) Droid and AT-ST.
    8002: Destroyer Droid. Alternate model: Trade Federation AAT.
    8007: C-3PO.
    8008: Stormtrooper. Alternate model: Sandtrooper.
    8009: R2-D2.
    8010: Darth Vader.
    8011: Jango Fett.
    8012: Super Battle Droid.

Also available this coming summer is:

4481: Hailfire Droid.

No sets with numbers 8003, 8004, 8005 & 8006 were ever released.

Kindest regards,

Lars ”Sweden” Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.
    R.J. (John Carpenter's The Thing) MacReady: Crazy Swedes...

Great - thanks Sweden! Are the first three from Episode I still available, or do I have to resort to ebay?

I haven't seen any of those in a while now, but you may want to check out dusty Kmarts and KB Toyworks if there's one local to you, they occasionally have older stuff.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Talking Re: 8000 series question

Manji, you’re most welcome!

Depending on where you live just enable cookies (and milk) and go here to check out:

http://shop.lego.com/gateway.asp?tar...t%2Easp&bhcp=1

If you live in the US of A the 8000 Pit Droid and 8002 Destroyer Droid sets are available.

Kindest regards,

Lars ”Sweden” Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.
    R.J. (John Carpenter's The Thing) MacReady: Crazy Swedes...