The future? The end?

I cannot fathom how you can possibly stretch this license till 2018. At least not the way you've been handling it lately. I can tell you after seeing what little you have shown for Toyfair, I don't think I'm going to last much longer. I'm basically just waiting to see the Luke Jedi and once it's revealed I can almost garauntee it's going to dissapoint. It will most likely be bent into some ballerina position or have some silly button activated leg twitch. Well, I hope you will listen to the fans who have been buying your merchandise since the begining, cause if you don't, I'm afraid it will soon be the end.

It's quite easy for the line to last that long. Just look at the fact that quite a few of the POTF2 figures need and can be resculpted. Not to mention there is still a vast majority of charecters from all 5, soon to be 6 movies that haven't even been tapped yet. Especially ANH, ROTJ, E1 and E2. ESB has fewer figures left to do, but it also has fewer new charecters and rich environments. Let's also not forget that Star Wars was the top selling toy line of 2002.

You can't judge the line from what was shown at Toy Fair, because Hasbro never planned to show much at all. We knew for months that they would have one table, and that's about it. They have decided to cut back on stuff like this, as Toy Fair is a huge expense without any real reason. It's archaic, from a time that didn't have internet connections and web meetings. Where business and press had to actually go there to see what was new and upcoming. Now they can just releasing their info on the website. And they are also planning a private retailer/press showing at their office later this year.

Doubtful the Luke will disapoint, even if he has an action feature. The Vader is going over quite well, regardless of the feature. As did the Luke: Bespin, who was the #2 best Star Wars figure of 2002 from the polls on another site. It's a collection 1 figure, so it won't be posed. Poses are for collection 2, and action features and main charecters are for Collection 1. Have some faith, after 2002's huge year for the Star Wars line, it's pulled in a whole group of new collectors. And so will E3 in 2 more years.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 02-17-2003 at 11:59 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I agree with JJB. There are alot of figures undone and need resculpts. They can stretch it out, but need to do it the right way. Don't overkill us with new figs at once. That would leave an opening at the end for alot of rehashes and unnecessary resculpts. If they take all of the unmade fans choices that could be a good six months to a year of collecting. Hopefully they do it right and we will be happy for years to come.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Hey Rherk, I know how you feel, but I'm really agreeing with Jar Jar on this even though the Saga line has been extraordinarily bad compared to past lines. So far this year nothing has impressed me, but later this year and next year the Star Wars releases will be just for the collectors. It is the collectors that will sustain the licence after the following year of a movie release because kids are going to other things. You can take that to the bank. Right now their planning designs for some great stuff. Don't quit now man I'm sure the best is yet to come, because Randy's got to get sacked soon!!!!!!
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

How about if Hasbro actually sat down and figured out that some collectors only want one of each fig (say Pilot Padme anyone?) and others want multiples (like the clone pilot). Then actually make more of "army builder" type figures and less peg warmers.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

Originally posted by Dr Zoltar
    How about if Hasbro actually sat down and figured out that some collectors only want one of each fig (say Pilot Padme anyone?) and others want multiples (like the clone pilot). Then actually make more of "army builder" type figures and less peg warmers.
    They did make more of the clone pilots, since they were army building figures. They shipped at 3 per case in a couple different case assortments.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Making one character per case and multi packs of army building figures is a facinating idea Dr Zoltar, but Kenner will not go for that upon initial figure release. If they just released the clone pilots they would have done it on a card first so each figure they made would turn more profit for those who bought multiple of these figs. Then they would wait 6 months to a year for sets for a cheaper price so those who passed on spending allot for multiple carded figs would finally buckle and buy up the remaining stock of these sculpts. It's marketing, but your idea is definately be the way I would wish they would do it. However profit wise Kenner would snuff that idea.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    It's quite easy for the line to last that long. Just look at the fact that quite a few of the POTF2 figures need and can be resculpted.
    It's not often I disagree with you Jar Jar, but the fact that there are stacks of characters that warrant being made, doesn't equate to a long life for the line. The simple fact is the market has to be there. After EpIII interest will dry up. We saw it with the vintage series after RotJ, and we even saw it at the end of the PotJ series as EpI hype died down, and that was when there was still two more films coming out!

Just watch, about ten months from EpIII's release, whatever Hasbro is releasing will be hard to find. Hard to find because of limited distribution. Limited distribution becasuse of low demand. Low demand because there hasn't been film hype for a while. Granted it'll kick back in for EpIII, but unless Lucas has something up his sleeve in the form of mainstream entertainment, beyond a bunch of novels or comic books, the line will die.

Which is why we should be campaigning for our Imperial dignitaries, cantina patrons, ewoks, palace denizens and the like now! While mainstream hype is low, but collectors' intereset is still keen.

I predict that half the collectors here won't be collecting in 6 years, let alone 15 as the extended licence implies.
    Starcruiser... crash!

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    They did make more of the clone pilots, since they were army building figures. They shipped at 3 per case in a couple different case assortments.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    If this was the case, then there still weren't enough of them. I saw them last for 2 weeks tops before most were purchased.

Now if I needed to make a Clone Army of Pilot Padmes I'd be all set!