Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Van Helsing

Van Helsing

http://www.vanhelsing.net/

Just go there to find out what exactly Van Helsing is if you don't already know the famous character. I figure since the site just started running a few days ago, I might as well start a thread about the discussion. I want to see this flick, and I hope the big budget doesn't ruin the movie. And Hugh Jackman is in it, that's worth at least half the ticket price for me. So yeah, I'm pretty excited about this one.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Yeah, i heard bits and pieces about this flick and am lookin' forward to it. I'm worried that Sommers (dude behind the "mummy" flicks) is directing it though. The first Mummy was awesome, but the 2nd one didn't do much for me. I wonder how they'll do all the monsters in one flick, should be very interesting.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I wonder if this charachter is what Vampire Hunder D is based off of, since the charachter resembles him alot.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

based only on the pics of the monsters, the movie looks very promising, can't wait to hear more about it
    but the release date is May 21, 2004!?!
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

It does sound very cool, I've been following the film since the first info was put up on UpcomingHorrorMovies.com. Can't wait for this, the idea of all these monsters in a movie again reminds me of Monster Squad. Damn I want that on DVD.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

JJB!!!! Monster squad!!! that movie brings back sooooooooo many memories!!!! Yeah, why isn't that out yet on DVD?!?!?!? C'mon JJ!! I expect you to know this!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I don't know, I don't think the studio that owns it even knows how big of a cash cow they are sitting on. I've been very vocal in my wants for Monster Squad on DVD. I think there's even a thread around here about it. Well, there was. It seems to have vanished. Oh well, it deserves to be on DVD. It's been discontinued for years on VHS. A nice fullblown Special Edition, like the recent Goonies DVD is what's needed.

Edit: Found it, but I had to dig. It wouldn't come up with a search, so I had to look thru pages of threads in this section.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...threadid=13916

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 02-18-2003 at 05:37 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

College life and irregular sleeping habits caused me to miss this yesterday, so I'm a day late in my posting......Here's some more news on this subject:

We got a first behind the scenes look at the upcoming monster movie. It may be the biggest monster movie epic ever. They went into extensive scenes of them making and casting the outfits of Frankenstein, the Werewolf and others.

We are told by director Stephen Sommers that every monster that has every been used by Universal is featured in this movie, the drawings of the werewolf shedding his human skin look fantastic. We are also told that this is a PG-13 movie with no blood. The heads of Frankenstein are awesome and we are also told by the director that Frank's head comes completely off during the film and he just plops it back on. The shots of the castle are huge. Unbelievable huge.

http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/ar...7010886,39592,

Once again, you pull through JBFF!!! I do wish that they had some of those sketches and stuff posted, but hey, just reading those descriptions gets me giddy.

And of course, i wonder if this'll have a toy line and who will do it? Please, let it be Toybiz or McFarlane. (drools)

I like the idea of the all the monsters being featured. I wonder if that includes Frankenstein's monster's bride and the creature. Eh.......