Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    And how did you remember that I have a Tivo?
    i have detailed files.............(see attachment)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	77.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	129.1 KB 
ID:	5263  
    Last edited by derek; 02-19-2003 at 04:21 PM.

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for you meddling kids!!!!!!!!
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

You know what product placement drives me nuts? (They all do, but specifically...) On Alias, every time I hear that Nokia tune I want to slash my ears off.

Friends, this is why TIVO shall never replace the VCR. I knew that narking would bite us on the collective behinds sooner or later.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, but I haven't used my VCR once since I got my tivo. Except to watch the OT.

Even with the commercials and whatnot, it is just soooooo much easier to record programs, set up season passes, and etc. etc. I never have to remember to record a program or to put a tape in the VCR, or even remember to rewind it first. And the picture quality is much better.

If it doesn't catch on more, no big deal, but I just hope it stays around long enough for me to enjoy it.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong

Pepsi Blue, it's blue because it tastes like toilet water".
    And you know this because............
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I pretty much hate those little graphics as well.I was watching MTV the other day(They actually had on music videos,almost had a heart attack!..anyways..) and this extra large grahpic came up about every 60 seconds reminding me I was watching "Primetime Players".Very annoying.

JT,VH1 has a better logo than most,at least it is
    somewhat small and neutrally(sp?) colored.The most annoying are the ones on FOX,they drown out the show's sound!
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
    I pretty much hate those little graphics as well.I was watching MTV the other day(They actually had on music videos,almost had a heart attack!..anyways..) and this extra large grahpic came up about every 60 seconds reminding me I was watching "Primetime Players".Very annoying.
    You are right IJG. I think MTV probably has the most annoying graphics. They are always popping up and telling us what we are watching or what is on The 10 Spot. Who cares, we know what we are watching. I think Ozzy's face gave it away.

Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
    JT,VH1 has a better logo than most,at least it is somewhat small and neutrally(sp?) colored.The most annoying are the ones on FOX,they drown out the show's sound!
    Yeah, I know, but the VH1cr logo was one I had just seen when I made this thread and it was very opaque. Plus, I didn't wanna rail on Fox again, I've got tons of complaints about that network these days.

The MTV O.S.G. I hated the most was that one they had last year, it was 3 differently-colored rectangles at the top of the screen that would unfold one at a time into a much bigger box that had text, then flip around and pop up and down for no reason.

BTW, does anybody give a rat's arse about "The 10 Spot"? I know MTV has been hammering this concept of programming at 10pm into our skulls since Daria was still on, but it never seemed like a very catchy or alluring name for an often-boring block of programming that they'd end up rerunning 10 times more at all different hours in the course of 7 days.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    BTW, does anybody give a rat's arse about "The 10 Spot"? I know MTV has been hammering this concept of programming at 10pm into our skulls since Daria was still on, but it never seemed like a very catchy or alluring name for an often-boring block of programming that they'd end up rerunning 10 times more at all different hours in the course of 7 days.
    I know and if you miss an episode you can catch the marathon all weekend. And I don't give a rats arse about the 10 spot. If I am flipping through and something is on that I like I will stop.

Re: On-screen graphics getting out of control!

Just a thought about the graphics thing ...

I noticed this a while ago also and then I stopped to think ... hmmm, most of us tend to spend a lot of time online. How are Web browsers laid out? With pop-up windows, Flash animation and the ever important theory that every pixel is precious ... it's no wonder that the networks are emulating all of this. To me it's seemed funny (but logical) that this would happen.