Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's YOUR perfect collection of Star Wars 12" figures?

After reading the "Dear Hasbro, why did you screw up the Ep II 12 inch figures?" posts, I decided to start a new thread asking collectors which 12" figures they'd keep if weeding out all the ones that suck and keeping just your favorites? I personally stopped being a completionist with the 12" line when I saw the Episode II figures. None of them excited me at all, except for Count Dooku and Jango Fett, which I bought. It made sense to me to get the Episode II bad guys anyway. If they come out with a new 12" scale Yoda wielding his light saber, I'll probably get him too since he'd look cool next to Dooku. So with that said, I plan to start weeding out all my 12" figures, by starting with the Episode I figures I think suck, and again probably just keeping 12" Darth Maul and 12" Darth Maul on Speeder Bike, as well as 12" Qui Gon Jin (the first version). But I'll probably continue getting all the original trilogy figures that come out, since that's where my passion lies. And I'll probably keep my complete line of Collector Series figures since it was the first to come out since the vintage 12" line, plus I have the first 12" Chewbacca with dark blue background. By the way, I keep my figures mint in mint box, and only collect the 12" line, except for a few 3 1/2" figures here and there. The only figure I opened so far was one of the two 14" Darth Vaders I purchased. I also bought extras of all the 12" Bounty Hunters and an extra 12" Electronic Boba Fett to display out-of-box together one day. But again, coming soon is yet another Han Solo from a New Hope! So which of the previous 12" Han Solos should I eliminate? By "eliminate", I mean sell off. I already have the European exclusive 12" Han Solo, so should I get the new one, or sell the similar European exclusive? I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on this subject. I mean, collecting every Star Wars 12" figure that came out was getting way out of hand for me, taking up too much space. What do you all think?

Thanks,
    Chris

P.S. Please Hasbro, PLEASE make more 12" cantina creatures, including a 12" Hammerhead and a 12" Snaggletooth!!!

Personally I have no desire to get rid or weed out any of my 12" figures. No, I take that back. I did get rid of all my duplicates since I saw no need to collect more than one of a figure. That was it though. I love all the figures I have, which is all of them, and I'm anxious to get new ones. If anything I wish Hasbro would release more in a year than what they do, but I'll take what I can get.

Darth Christopher, regarding which Han you should get IMO it should be both. That's what I'd do.

if your figures take up to much space, open them all up. i store mine in a 31 gallon tote box made by rubbermade.

if you try to sell them off, you're probably not going to get what you paid for most of them. my advice is to open them up and display them all, except for those 2 furry chewbaccas. those are the worst 12 inch figures ever made.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	who needsmintboxedfigures.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	5246  
    Last edited by derek; 02-18-2003 at 07:46 PM.

EEP! Those poor lightsabers are gonna get broken!!!

The 12"-scale figures I'd definitely keep are:
    • R2-D2
    • R2 w/ tools
    • R5-D4
    • Yoda
    • Jawa
    • Luke Jedi (single boxed)
    • Luke X-wing
    • Luke Bespin
    • Vader electronic
    • Leia Boushh (from KB 3pack)
    • Biker Scout w/ speederbike
    • Maul w/ speederbike
    • Han Endor
    • Leia Bespin
    • IG-88
    • Obi-Wan (ANH, both of 'em)
    • Han w/ Tauntaun
    • Luke w/ Wampa (actually, I might not keep the Wampa itself)
    • Bib Fortuna w/ Luke 2pack
    • Ep 1 Obi-Wan
    • Lando
    • Leia ANH
    • Removable Limbs 3PO
    • Bossk
    • Royal Guard
    • Snowtrooper
    • Dooku
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I would go with the new Han just because I think the gun & belt are detailed much better.

I already weeded out most of my collection, here's what I still actually have:

All six bounty hunters (w/elec Boba)
    14' Vader (customized with the cape, boots & lightsaber handle from the vader/maul 2 pack)
    All three Masterpiece editions
    Target carbonite Han
    Leia Boushh (from the KB 3pack)
    Maul w/speeder
    Dooku
    Ultimate Jango Fett
    Emperor Palpatine
    All of the six inchers, classic & Ep1 except the 1st R2. Dont need him when I have the WM exclusive (my Anakin is customized w/podracer helmet)

I really want to get the Jedi Luke from the FAO 2pack too, maybe someday I'll find it on ebay or something Also want an EpII Anakin, but have been dissapointed with Hasbros releases of him so far..... Ugly heads, and waaaaaay too short. He was a tall dude!

I couldn't weed out any of mine. I just love the 12" line. Although, I must concede that the originaly trilogy figures mean a lot more to me.
    I don't think it works to keep them in the box, though. They really look bad that way; plus it's so much more fun to pose them. Besides the packaging all has sucked since the collector series where it seemed to make an effort to look vintage style.
    I just hope they keep making more!

Originally posted by derek
    i store mine in a 31 gallon tote box made by rubbermade.
    THE HORROR!!!

I couldn't part with any of my 12" figures. I don't have all of them, but the ones I'm most proud of, are the 6 cantinia band members, and the 2 tuskens w/ different weapons. If I didn't like it, I just didn't buy it. Take for example the epI battle droid. I couldn't see wasting $20 on this simple piece of plastic. I picked up 2 of EPI Obi Wam, Qui Gon, and Darth Maul. One to stay in the box, one to set up doing battle. I was really impressed by how detailed the robes were on those three figures. If I found a figure that I liked on clearance, I bought a second one, like dagaboh Luke, Han, and the Stormtrooper. I also bought 2 of the Sandtrooper W/dewback. Because of the limited space in my apartment, and my ever growing SW collection, I stack the boxes neatly like books in a library, then if I want to look at a particular figure I can pull it out and put it back when I'm done.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Some of the absolute best in my opinion are:

Jango
    Bossk
    Windu (AOTC)
    Scout w/ speeder
    Anakin (Masterpiece)
    Dooku
    Maul
    Bib Fortuna
    IG-88
    Vader (w/ helmet & sound)
    Tusken

I just got Mace today, and I'm really impressed. The head sculpt is brilliant. Looks just like Jackson, and has life in its face. The outfit, articulation, everthing's great. Except, of course, the lack of a cloak.

Others I have that I really like are Yoda, cantina musician, 100th Luke (or whatever it was called...), Jedi Luke, Ackbar, clone trooper, Dengar, Zuckuss and Walrusman.

SW 12" are really hit & miss. Some are brilliant; many are crap; a lot in between are really fun, wether they're exceptional in quality or not. I buy what I like. I'm big on aliens, but I buy others, too.

Smile

I am week. I like them all. I know some are better than others but I won't part with them. I just choose not to buy all of them anymore. If I had to pick and choose I'd definately never get rid of these:

Vader/Maul 2pack
    Scout Trooper/Speederbike
    Luke/Speederbike
    Cantina Band Set
    Han/Hoth
    Luke/100th
    Boss Nass
    Tusken raider/Gaderffi Stick
    All the ESB Bounty Hunters
    Who am I kidding I won't get rid of any