There Are Two Sides To Every Story...

This is a bit weird, if not stupid all together. I've heard that expression "there are two sides..." a lot, but for some reason, I just recently applied it to Star Wars.
    I just got to wondering what it might be like to see the "other side" of the story in the episodes that we've seen. What if we could see the other perspective?
    I know they've done that to death on television (I'm mostly thinking of an episode of the Simpsons where one day is perceived by all Simpson family members. You get to see three different points of view). So, when Luke is talking with Ben in ANH, what's the Empire up to? When the Imperials are on Bespin, what's the Rebellion up to? Stuff like that.
    I know very well that you can peice it together and just imagine what they're doing, but it might be cool to actually see it. To just flip it and actually see the Empire arriving on Bespin before Han and the others. Or watch through the eyes of the Empire as they're coming down on Leia's Tantive ship in the beginning of ANH. Anylike like that.
    Would anyone else like to see that? Does anyone else think about that?

End...
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    Yes...I too have often wanted to see different points of view...especially when the Imperials storm Bespin. There seemed to be quite a bit of it in each movie...but what would really twist your skull...is if they portrayed the Empire as the good guys and the rebels as the bad guys...kind of like the TROOPS fan film. That would be cool!
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

Yeah there are two sides to every story. In this case seeing it like that would take away the element of suprise on the fans faces when they found out Lando sold them out.

It would be cool as well to see the Empire portrayed as the good guys. But hey maybe after all os said and done with EP3 Lucas can write another script for us(just hopeful thinking). I like to root for the yunderdogs myself.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Originally posted by kidhuman
    Yeah there are two sides to every story. In this case seeing it like that would take away the element of suprise on the fans faces when they found out Lando sold them out.

It would be cool as well to see the Empire portrayed as the good guys. But hey maybe after all os said and done with EP3 Lucas can write another script for us(just hopeful thinking). I like to root for the yunderdogs myself.
    Oh, I'm not saying it to take away from the element of surprise. I mean, c'mon, we've all seen ESB and we know what happens. I don't mean to make the "Nifty Edition" (as JT puts it ) and start switching back from one POV to the next . I mean more like your second paragraph about making something new. Some new movies or something. Because George told his story, so now he has to tell the other side of it. It could work from an artistic standpoint...or not.

End...
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

I remember watching the original films and wondering what Vader did all day besides walk around and be menacing.

I also thought it would be interesting to see what his secret identity was, but I of course knew that would ruin the drama and suspense that was being built carefully. After thinking it over, I knew that George would never go back and ruin those kinds of surprises for new generations of fans.

Part of what made up Star Wars was that Lucas was harkening back to a time of Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers, when there was no "other side of the coin", no ambiguity for the bad guys - the villains were pure evil and the heroes were noble purity itself. I think the prequels sort of are trying to reinforce that idea by giving the general audience the old switcheroo with characters like Senator Palpatine.

ESB really does give us a sense of what's going on from the Imperial perspective though, we see Vader and the Star Destroyers when they're not in active chase situations or when they don't win the day but they don't get destroyed too.

BTW, as long as Palpatine gets to keep his 4-minute rap, then I say "nifty edition all the way!"
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It would make good for some graphic novels. I guess SW TALES somewhat does that already.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

when there were rumblings about the animated series a long time before the announcement of the clone wars cartoon, i was hoping they would do a SW TALES style show, where one story arc could be set during the prequels, the next during the OT, the next a thousand years before the PT, with the "sith war" and such...

in terms of the stories that took place during timeframes we've already seen, they could've done stuff like the play "rosencrantz and gildenstern are dead" and have us see small bits of storylines we've already seen, and then give us some more background on it. (by the by, for those who don't know, "R and C are dead' is all about two small characters in "hamlet" and we follow THEIR story instead of hamlet's.) they actually did a comic book directly based on that idea, called "tag and bink are dead" but i'm saying they could've done a lot of different things, instead of just a direct parody...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope