Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird Al

Oh god, I love "White and Nerdy". Especially the Seth Green cameo in the video. Love the line "I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
    I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL"

There's also a World of Warcraft "Amish Paradise" video on YouTube...check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqBxB...elated&search=
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

This might be blasphemy, but what're your least favorite WAY songs? A parodist isn't going to hit a homer every time up, so there are bound to be a couple weak ground outs. Yours?

Mine:
    "Party at the Leper Colony" (some issues just aren't funny; this is one)
    "Like a Surgeon" (I thought it was funny as a kid, but now it's just annoying and simplistic)
    "Couch Potato" (this is simply due to my dislike of Peanut M&M)
    "Gotta Boogie" (oddly weird)
    "Do I Creep You Out?" (yes, Al, yes it does)
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I haven't listened to the new one enough yet, so nothing from that one yet.

Least favorite:
    All About the Pentiums
    Germs

While we're making lists, how about most underrated?
    Your Horoscope for Today
    Albuquerque
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Least favorite? I'm leaning toward "Buckingham Blues" right now, but I'm sure there's one that I'm just not thinking of that I like even less.

Most underrated: "Albuquerque." I made a WAY mix CD for a friend who had none. He wanted the hits. I added "Albuquerque." He said he had a new favorite song. He's something of a music freak, and easily has 10,000 songs or so in his collection. 'Nuff said.

Runner-up: "I Love Rocky Road." Forgetting who my avatar is right now, that's just one of his funniest parodies, and it's kind of been lost to time.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

My goal is to eventually get Weird Al's "Dog Eat Dog", and Ted Nugent's "Dog Eat Dog". Adding those to AC/DC's "Dog Eat Dog" which I already have and I'll have a most excellent "Dog Eat Dog" three-fer. A local radio show used to have a request program called "Threefer Madness", but I never called in to request anything. If I had, that would have been something I would have requested.

Least favs:

Airline Amy
    My Baby's in Love With Eddie Vedder
    Pancreas
    She Never Told Me She Was a Mime
    Mr. Frump in the Iron Lung

To me these songs just seem to have no point, purpose, or catchy gimmick and that is why they fail with me.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Dude, how can you not love "Mr Frump"?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Dude, how can you not love "Mr Frump"?
    I think when I first heard it, it kinda creeped me out and it just didn't seem to make me laugh in any way of all the songs on that album. Maybe because it was real lowkey, a drastic contrast from the rest of the other songs. It lacked that zippy zaniness I was expecting. So I suppose the first impression for me on it has me skipping over it.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Weird Al has posted dates for a tour this year on his website, guess what I'm doing on July 30th?

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Weird Al has posted dates for a tour this year on his website, guess what I'm doing on July 30th?
    Come out to Cali and get FOUR DAYS of Al!
    Quote Originally Posted by Senor Al-o's website-o
    July 17-21 Costa Mesa, CA Orange County Fair
    I saw him many a year ago at the Perris Fair in... Lake Perris, CA. It was great. Fans chanted "Yo-da" ... "Yo-da" ... "Yo-da" for an encore, but alas, no such luck.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(