Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird Al

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    That would be The Kinks.
    I was horrified by that.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I actually worked security for his show in Toledo a few weeks back and the guy puts on a helluva live show. He opened up with a polka medley that featured Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, and some other random pop songs. He had several costume changes like the Nirvana outfit, white n' nerdy outfit w/ segway, fat suit, jedi robes, hoodie (james blunt video) and a few more. In between songs while they were changing, they played clips from Al TV, UHF and random clips where he's mentioned. The band played for two hours and I had a great view as I was working side stage, so I could sneak a peek every few minutes as the crowd was very, very docile. . very awesome show!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I saw a video for a live version of "The Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota" (my father-in-law mentioned the attraction and was unfamiliar with the song). It's funny how ignorant the comments are. Everyone is talking about how it must suck for the band to have to play comedy, and how he must have a massive turnover, and stuff like that.

Maybe we should ask Bermuda Schwartz about that?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

JMG, that sounds just like the show I saw in Perris, but with current songs from about 3 years ago. It was quite awesome!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I just remembered another one to add to the list, I just heard Zoot suit riot by the Cherry Poppin' Daddies. Al of course did "Grapefruit Diet."

Although, that would be one song that wouldn't be a bad thing to have forgotten. Not one of Al's bestest.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    I actually worked security for his show in Toledo a few weeks back and the guy puts on a helluva live show. He opened up with a polka medley that featured Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, and some other random pop songs. He had several costume changes like the Nirvana outfit, white n' nerdy outfit w/ segway, fat suit, jedi robes, hoodie (james blunt video) and a few more. In between songs while they were changing, they played clips from Al TV, UHF and random clips where he's mentioned. The band played for two hours and I had a great view as I was working side stage, so I could sneak a peek every few minutes as the crowd was very, very docile. . very awesome show!
    Sounds pretty much like what I saw last night. Indeed, it was a great show, about 2 hours give or take.

I'm not sure if I had heard some of his new songs. "CNR" is a great White Stripes styled song (mostly "Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground" I think), that elevates Charles Nelson Reilly to Chuck Norris-like status. I liked the Doors-styled parody "Craiglist" quite a bit.

For the encore, they came out in Jedi robes to do "The Saga Begins" and "Yoda." The latter featured a long interlude near the end where they did some crazy vocalizations. Kind of goofy, but pretty amazing that they could memorize that much nonsense sound and do it all together.

I've never seen UHF or Al TV, so any of the video that was from those was all new to me. I liked the fake interviews they had (Eminem, Robert Plant, Jessica Simpson, Celine Dion, Avril Lavigne, and some others that I can't remember), and the old style informative films on germs and taking care of your teeth were quite funny.

Overall, a great show. I highly recommend it.

Jeez, MSP, you really need to check out UHF. That is easily one of the funniest movies ever made.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Someone posted last night's performance of "Smells Like Nirvana." It was one of the earlier songs in the show. He didn't look radioactive in person like he does in this video. I was at the other end of the stands and maybe a bit higher up.