Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Weird Al

He has his own coffee table book out, titled inexplicibly, Weird Al: The Book, by Nathan Rabin of The Onion fame. That just sounds like a parody in a dustjacket. I have yet to read past the introduction (written by... him, too). Oh, and happy birthday, fellow Oct23rd-er!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Weird-Cam Jos View Post
    He has his own coffee table book out, titled inexplicibly, Weird Al: The Book, by Nathan Rabin of The Onion fame.
    You have to get this book. Not for the comprehensive chronology of Al's life, pre- and post-success. Not for the behind-the-scenes photos and comments from those who knew him. Not to walk down memory lane again, recalling why you loved his music, his style, his creativity. Nope. It's because it includes complete lyrics to many of his songs, INCLUDING "ALBUQUERQUE"!!!!!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Since I will be visiting ALbuquerque this summer, WAY's newest kids' book, My New Teacher and Me, also comes out this summer. Resume living your lives now.

He will be coming to Bellingham in July. I wasn't planning on going, but my girlfriend brought it up, so I will be going with her family. This will be my first time seeing him indoors, as the other time was three years ago at the fair.

His concerts are nice; like and extended music video compilation, not too loud, but clearly not subdued. I've been to 2 1/2 of them over the years.

I forgot to mention his newest kids' book, My New Teacher and Me!, is out. I may pick it up with a coupon deal.

Check around for Weird Al's FB page, or somewhere else online (i.e. YouTube), but there's a Breaking Bad cast version of "Albuquerque." All 11+ minutes!

(p.s. Like the show, it's pretty violent and not for kids; but it matches amazingly to the lyrics)

Rockin' out on an accordion solo... or a children's book. Happy belated double-27th birthday, Mr. Yankovic! And a belated Happy Halloween, too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10-31-13a.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	28043  

Weird Al won the internet last night! He was on that "@Midnight" semi-game show with Chris Hardwick, and beat the dude from that IFC show and the guy who's been on some comedy roasts.

Hard to believe it's been three years since Alpocalypse dropped (music industry term). His next new one is available for purchase (brick and mortar term) July 15th, titled Mandatory Fun, IIRC (Internet acronym term).