Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird Al

Al did a song for a Pokemon movie. I don't remember which movie it was, but he wrote a song for the movie that I know played during the credits.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Originally posted by Rogue II
    I thought it was all the same parody of "Jack and Diane."
    That would be Buckingham Blues.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Weird Al was in all three Naked Gun flicks: in #1 and #33&1/3 as himself, and he's the hoodlum holding up the police station in #22&1/2 ("You're all a bunch of pigs!").
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I forgot about 2...and 1 for some reason. I have only seen 2 1/2 once, since it wasn't my favorite.

But 1 I have seen tons of times!
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

i had no idea that was him in the first one...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Originally posted by scruffziller
    That would be Buckingham Blues.
    My bad that was Chuck and Diane.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I once ate lunch with Weird Al.
    I sat very close to him and watched him eat a knish.
    It was truly ... weird.
    plasticfetish.net

It was rather bizarre to have The Pet Shop Boys being played as well as Weird Al in the same ep....for me. Those were the first 2 artists that I got original album recordings for. When I got a job, I went all out with buying all of their stuff, box sets, imports, obscure recordings etc. Maybe the Simpsons are the focal point of my musical interests.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

scruffziller,

I was thinking that as well! PSB and Weird Al are two of my most favourite groups. Pairing them together in the same Simpson's ep was just strange.

plasticfetish,

Nice! I only have met him in person once. He's shorter than I expected, but did the whole "put his leg behind his head and hop around" thing. He was signing autographs in the mid-90's and stayed like 2 hours later than he was supposed to. His driver and manager were getting ******, but he refused to leave until everyone who wanted an autograph got one.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

Thumbs up

Originally posted by plasticfetish
    I once ate lunch with Weird Al.
    I sat very close to him and watched him eat a knish.
    It was truly ... weird.
    Originally posted by Dr Zoltar
    Nice! I only have met him in person once. He's shorter than I expected, but did the whole "put his leg behind his head and hop around" thing. He was signing autographs in the mid-90's and stayed like 2 hours later than he was supposed to. His driver and manager were getting ******, but he refused to leave until everyone who wanted an autograph got one.
    I too have met W.A.Y. He was at the "Spike & Mike's Sick and Twisted Festival of Animation" in the mid '90s (1994?) in Riverside, CA. I told him we share the same birthday (we do! ), and I almost told him my favorite food is mashed potatoes, but I felt I'd already made myself look like a dweeb, so I declined. He signed my cassette cover of "In 3-D." He's the dreamiest... (No, that wasn't how he signed it )
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(