Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird Al

For those in the Los Angeles area...
    Originally posted on weirdal.com May 9, 2003:
    Al will be signing copies of "Poodle Hat" on Tuesday, May 20th at 7pm at the Virgin Megastore on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood. The CD will be available for pre-purchase as of Thursday, May 15 at Virgin Megastore Hollywood, Burbank, Ontario Mills, Costa Mesa or Orange; those who pre-purchase "Poodle Hat" will get a certificate to be exchanged on May 20 for a copy of the cd, along with a wristband that guarantees their place in line for the instore. Wristbands are 'while supplies last' at each store, first come first served. Bela the Poodle will also be in attendance, but there's no guarantee that she will do any signing.
    I wonder... is it worth the trip into LA?
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Bel-Cam Jos,

I would say yes. I've met him once and he was a very polite person. He will also not leave until everyone who wants a signature or photo with him gets one. IMHO, it's worth it. Now if I can just convince Al to come a bit north to do a signing. Say 1200 miles north...
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

Oh, I've met him too (see post # 40 above), but I only had to endure weekend traffic into Riverside, not weekday rush hour hell into LA! Still, it might be fun.
    As for 1200 miles to the north, he did do several tributes to Grunge and Seattle-based bands, so maybe the great state of Washington has a place in his heart (that he ripped right out of his ribcage and threw on the floor and stomped on it until he died... uh! ).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Yea for being a friend to Kurt Cobain.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Whats with Eminem not letting him make a parody of his song/video?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I don't think it is up to Eminem to give blessing for the video. Al can make paradies of the songs without consent, but he likes to get permission so there is no bad blood between him and the artist. Eminem did give his blessing for the song parody, but I think there is legal limitations of making the video. Check the website link above to VH1.com .
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Thumbs down

Recall the bad blood between he and Coolio over "Amish Paradise." Weird Al felt he had Coolio's permission, then he blasted Al for making fun of his "original" concept (of which Coolio sampled heavily from a Stevie Wonder track). So, I suppose M&M wants to keep his street cred by not letting Al mock his hard, in-your-face reality song, but he'll certainly take the royalties from Al's parody. Yet Reese's Pieces will mock Tom Green, Carson Daly, Christinaty Spearsalera in his own videos. Can you say 'hypocrite'? It's all about the Benjamins, baby.

Look at who Weird Al Yankovic has outlasted:
    Gerardo
    Milli Vanilli
    New Kids
    Nirvana (okay, that's not truly fair)
    Tiffany
    Greg Kynn (sp?)
    Crash Test Dummies
    Extreme
    Toni Basil
    etc. etc.

Kihn
    "Whatever you do, take care of your shoes."

Well, regardless, I am looking forward to the alblum. This may be the first CD I actually buy in AGES.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    Look at who Weird Al Yankovic has outlasted:
    Gerardo
    Milli Vanilli
    New Kids
    Nirvana (okay, that's not truly fair)
    Tiffany
    Greg Kynn (sp?)
    Crash Test Dummies
    Extreme
    Toni Basil
    etc. etc.
    by etc. etc., you mean coolio, right? i think he pumped my gas the other day...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope