Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird Al

IIRC, Al thought he had permission to parody Gansta's Paradise because the label said it was OK without actually checking personally with Coolio - Al thought Coolio had personally signed off when it was just the execs who had given the green light. I thought Coolio's reaction towards the situation was immature and shortsighted, he lost a lot of respect for blaming and badmouthing Al over this in my opinion.

I met Weird Al once at the Wherehouse music at Sunset and La Brea, he was just shopping with his girlfriend around 9 at night - it was the only spontaneous autograph I've ever gotten, he was pretty cool about it but really lit up after I mentioned how much the family and I liked The Compleat Al. And get this, every pen we had was either empty or broken, it was like a bad plot-point in a cheesy sitcom (eventually, the clerk at the store found one that worked).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

So what was his girlfriend like? I always wondered who would date Al because he's so -- well, weird! Though he is rich and famous too...
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

Isn't Al "Mr. & Mrs. Al Yankovic" now? So, is this his former-girlfiend now-wife, then?
    Originally posted by Jedi Tricks:
    it was like a bad plot-point in a cheesy sitcom (eventually, the clerk at the store found one that worked).
    A Wherehouse clerk found a cheesy sitcom plot that worked? Wow... that's rare.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I know he IS married but I don't know if that was the same girlfriend.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I think that the girlfriend in The Naked Gun is credited as "Weird Leslie" or something like that, but I'm pretty sure this isn't his wife.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Originally posted by Dr Zoltar
    So what was his girlfriend like? I always wondered who would date Al because he's so -- well, weird! Though he is rich and famous too...
    Über-normal, blonde (IIRC), neither ugly nor gorgeous - she didn't leave much of an impression on me at all except she seemed kinda sour in personality. She didn't seem to be having a good time before I approached him, and she didn't seem to be very happy after either.

Senator Jos made a funny, I'll have to file that away under "ha ha".

Like Scruff said, I dunno if this is the same woman he married 2 years ago, but this one did seem like she was with him for the long haul so I wouldn't be surprised if she was the same gal.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The CD comes out tommarow doesn't it!?....

YAY!
    Yuuzhan Vong Figure Petition

The Otters are attacking the Crab party!

KMart and Circuit City are the only places where it'll be on sale this week. $11.99 at both stores. I doubt you'll find it cheaper anywhere, unless Wal-Mart carries it.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I hope It comes to Wal-Mart and/or Target becasue we don't have a KMart of Circut City

Wlamart 14.88

It's Awsome!!!!!!!! Maybe the best fo far The eminim, spiderman, and Ebay songs are the best

He makes fun of France!