Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird Al

Just listened to it and WERID AL DELIVERS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!
    My absolute favorite is Trash Day the Nelly parody. I was laughing out loud all the way throug it. I guess why because
    I can relate to it, trying to squeeze every inch out of your trash bag.
    My other favs are what Teeska mentioned.
    I would have to say this one doesn't seem to have really any "not so great" filler songs, they are all great!!!!!!

He really gets rather risque, for him that is, on WANNA B UR LOVER it was great!!!!!!
    Last edited by scruffziller; 05-20-2003 at 12:56 PM.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

A complicated song might help Avril Lavigne's popularity here...
    Yuuzhan Vong Figure Petition

The Otters are attacking the Crab party!

Does anyone know what song "Party at the Leper Colony" sounds like? I thought it was a parody of an old song. It might be a style a parody.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

scruffziller,

It sounds like "I Want Candy" by some band I can't remember. All I remember about them is the lead singer was a 14 yo female.

This is a great album. I had to go to 2 K-Marts before I found a copy -- And I bought their only copy! Sales clerk told me they got 3 in and 2 were damaged.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

No it isn't that song it sounds like more of a song from the 50s, well maybe a little bit. The name of the group is called Bow Wow Wow. I know what you mean by damaged. My CD was fine but the jewel case cracked from me trying to open it. The plastic seems real cheap.

Does anybody know where I can find a download of TAKE ME DOWN from Weird Al? I've already tried Kaaza and Win MX.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

"Party at the Leper Colony" reminds me of 2 things...the beat is similar to "Hand Jive" but the style is more of old Bruce Springsteen or the Beaver Brown Band (from the movie EDDIE AND THE CRUISERS)

Ode to a Superhero and the Angry White Boy Polka are pretty good.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Has anyone put it in the computer yet?
    Yuuzhan Vong Figure Petition

The Otters are attacking the Crab party!

I did. There are some Wierd Al home movies from when he was a kid. They are pretty funny. There is also a photo gallery, bonus remixes, and lyrics to all the songs.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Definitely a winner. The enhanced CD stuff is a nice bonus. The home movie stuff is great, MST3K stuff all the way. And scrolling lyrics while the songs play, perfect.

As for the "Genius in France" song, I read it's supposed to be a tribute to Frank Zappa. Makes sense, especially with the bit about wearing striped shirts & berets. And Dweezil doing the guitar bit at the beginning. "Bob" is also supposed to be a tribute to Bob Dylan, from what I've read.

"Party at the Leper Colony" is sick! I'm actually paying attention to the lyrics a bit here & man, that's some nasty stuff. Funny as hell though! Even my mother thinks she knows this tune, but she can't place it.
    "I have a whole colony of people living in my beard."

Correction from above, does anyone know where I can get any of the unreleased songs listed here.

http://www.com-www.com/weirdal/parodied.html

and this one too.

http://www.com-www.com/weirdal/unreleased.html
    MWHAHAHAHA!