Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Weird Al

UHF is funny, worth tracking down, $3 used on Amazon even.

One that sadly isn't on DVD is The Compleat Al, it's a mockumentary of Al's life into the late '80s that is a parody of The Compleat Beatles. When I met Al shopping at a record store back in the day (he was just there shopping with his ol' lady), I came up to him and said how I was a fan and dug UHF, he was like "whatevs" but when I mentioned "The Compleat Al", he perked right up and was much cooler with me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

No, that's far more modernly dramatized, this was more of an '80s style mockumentary thing.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    UHF is funny, worth tracking down, $3 used on Amazon even.
    That is VERY similar to how Al once described it. He said "UHF is just like Purple Rain, except that its supposed to be funny."

I saw part of Purple Rain a couple of weeks ago and it was just pure crap. While not as bad as say Jersey Shore, P.R. is still mighty bad.

According to an Amazon reminder ("our records show you once thought about clicking on..." ) email, the Essential Weird Al 3.0 (I bought the 2-disc one months ago ) comes out this week, but the 3rd disc songs are fairly weak, and as I have them on their original albums, I will likely pass. What are those six, (yes, only six, with one of his drag-on-and-on songs), you ask?
    "Ricky"
    "Midnight Star"
    "Living With a Hernia"
    "Good Old Days"
    "Wanna B UR Lovr"
    "Genius in France"

I like "MS," "Ricky" is an Old School "classic," and "GOD" is okay in parts, but the others are pretty lame, sadly.

[edit]This talk of WAY's Compleat Al video tempted me, and I found a used VHS copy online for under $10. Somehow I think I have seen it before, but I might be confusing some other Al TV clip or show. We shall [literally] see soon!
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 08-29-2010 at 12:10 PM. Reason: UHF... VHS... A OK!
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Ricky wasn't on the original? That's... just wrong. It was a single, had a classic video... weird.

I take umbrage with your lackluster opinions of Good Old Days and Genius in France.

"Wanna B UR Lovr" was interesting live because he had on some sort of tiger striped suit and came way up into the audience. I'm not sure if I had heard the song before.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Ricky wasn't on the original? That's... just wrong. It was a single, had a classic video... weird.

I take umbrage with your lackluster opinions of Good Old Days and Genius in France.
    The more I think of GOD, I may have to retract my original statement, but GIF is just too lame for my tastes, sorry.

Maybe it's more palatable if you're already a Zappa-head.

I guess we'll just have to al-gree to disal-gree on this sensitive subject. Does the percentage of what constitutes genius change for countries on the metric system?