Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Weird Al

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I'm just out of the shot (cropped all but the bill of my cap) watching the NY Times Best-Selling author sign my copy at the now-World Famous Van Nuys Costco! He was cool, made fun of a line I gave, shook my hand twice. I was a bit star-struck, I guess.
    W.A.Y. cool. Is that some sort of chameleon-man in the background?

I wanted to do a terrible, low-tech "removal" of some guy who wouldn't move. The tip of my own hat is at the top right.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

His new album will be coming soon.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller View Post
    They've been saying that for many months now. The "Internet Leaks" digital releases have been teases. I want it NOW!!!!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller View Post
    On Tue. June 21st of this year, in fact, and titled Alpocalypse. [sp?]

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Bought It View Post
    On Tue. June 21st of this year, in fact, and titled Alpocalypse. [sp?]
    I've only had one listen-through so far, but I don't see a "weak link" song on the CD (a la "Party at the Leper Colony," "Such a Groovy Guy," "Dog Eat Dog," etc.), but I was disappointed to find that there's no "long" song for the first time in a few albums (like "Albuquerque," "Trapped in the Drive Thru," etc.). I haven't watched the DVD with the Deluxe edition yet. It's a fun CD, for the most part.

[edit]Now I have seen the DVD of videos: 10 of the 12 tracks are featured (no "Polka face" or "Perform That Way," but "PTW" is on the Weird Al site), all but "Craigslist" are animated (but "If That Isn't Love" does have Al's face on the character). Favorite one? "Another Tattoo" or possibly "ITIL" ).

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I've only had one listen-through so far, but I don't see a "weak link" song on the CD (a la "Party at the Leper Colony," "Such a Groovy Guy," "Dog Eat Dog," etc.)
    "Dog Eat Dog" is a weak link? I like that one, perhaps because it is a Talking Heads parody, but it was a good tune. Also, if I ever get that song in my collection, I'll have three songs named "Dog Eat Dog", (Ted Nugent and AC/DC are the other two).

I realized I left room for a 3rd song in my post and went back to insert one; "DED" was just a title that came to mind. I won't put it in my faves, but I guess it's not as bad as others. How about if I use "Wanna B UR Lover" in its place instead? I was trying to find somewhere in this thread where I'd posted a list (LISTS... :drool: ) of his songs I just didn't really like, but I gave up after 10 pages. :lazy:

Well, after listening to it for a few days, here's how I'd rank the 12 tracks from Alpocalypse:

1 Another Tattoo
    2 Party in the CIA
    3 Craigslist
    4 Perform That Way
    5 Whatever You Like
    6 Polka Face
    7 TMZ
    8 CNR
    9 Stop Forwarding that [Carp] to Me
    10Ringtone
    11If That Isn't Love
    12Skipper Dan