Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Weird Al

I've not heard the whole thing, but I don't think anything would top "Craigslist" and "CNR", but it helps that I'm fans of the music being parodied by those two.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    How is the polka medly?
    My problem was I didn't recognize all the artists, as I usually have in previous medlies (read: gittin' old, I reckon ). But it still shows how lame some lyrics really are.

And I realized I mixed up my acronym songs (there were a few); so CNR should be #7, and TMZ #8. I sure didn't like "P in the CIA" because of its original artist; it's just funny in contrast to its peppy style.
    "That's what Sheev said."

He was on The View today (hey, not much on on morning holiday TV), and apparently Michael Jackson and Madonna were nothing before WAY, since they said that 80s and 90s artists knew they'd made it when he did a parody of one of their songs. He performed "Perform This Way," and seemed to humor the ladies' questions.

I've heard the comment you haven't made it until you're parodied, but not the comment about Mad's and MJ.

Well, it was inferred. Based on the only 3 parody video clips they showed (2 of Jackson's, 1 of Madonna's; guess which ones), that told me that they needed WAY's parody to hit it big. I'd have used "Smells Like Nirvana" (which they did show, but later in the interview), "Couch Potato," or "Amish Paradise" instead.

Like a surgeon, Fat and....ummmm.....

I agree SLM and AP would be excellent choices.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Like a surgeon, Fat and....ummmm.....
    "Eat it".

OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

How did I miss that WAY would be speaking at the Grammy Musuem in L.A. tonight? And that it's sold out? Oh well; wasn't going to make it there without a helicopter anyhow.

Watched his special on Comedy Central, of the Alpocalypse Tour, tonight. It was filmed in Toronto. And apparently, there'll be a Blu-Ray of the tour out this Tues. (10/4).

I've heard several songs on the radio in the past week or so that WAY has parodied:
    - "Complicated"
    - "Rico Suave"
    - "Piano Man"
    - "You Belong With Me"
    - both "Under the Bridge" and "Give It Away"
    - "She Drives Me Crazy"
    - "Girls Wanna Have Fun"
    - "American Pie" (well, I didn't listen to the whole song)
    - "Lump"
    - "Smells Like Teen Spirit" (little surprise, with the 20th anniversary)