Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird Al

He's got it available for free download from weirdal.com, so I doubt it's considered piracy unless you try to sell it.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Tomorrow, The Weird Al Show DVD comes out. Hooray? I mean, hooray!
    I went to the store.
    I couldn't find the display.
    So I looked a little more.
    And found it on the elf-shay.

It's a live-action kids' show.
    Quite over the top.
    The best way, you know
    To enjoy it is to stop

And choose the Commentary option.
    There's a few big stars
    Who get in on the action
    I stopped watching before I got far...s?

[Don't ask me why I started bad poetry ]

It's a DVD of a TV show. Not too bad, but I have a feeling I won't be breakin' out this baby all too often. Not many "special features," of which I was a tad sad [stop rhyming! ].
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    He's got it available for free download from weirdal.com, so I doubt it's considered piracy unless you try to sell it.
    ok didn't know, I got it from a friend, good to know
    Order66

excellent traders; Val Da Car, Dark Marble, Commtech and info from KidHuman
    Looking for: Master Replicas Darth Maul .45 scale full lightsaber & a 12" Grievous

Lightbulb Idea! (see below)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Instigator View Post
    ok didn't know, I got it from a friend, good to know
    Legal precedence has shown that in cases where any property that later is determined to have been stolen, the "I got it from a friend" defense is sufficient. Good to know, eh?

Wonder when W.A.Y. will do an online piracy song? Or a parody of one of his OWN parodies... idea!

I played a weird al cassette on a long road trip with the kids one time, years ago. Since then, it became sort of a tradition to play that tape whenever we'd drive a somewhere for a vacation. I got tired of the same tape over and over (kids seem to have a better capacity to watch/listen to the same stuff again and again), so I got mp3's of every weird al song I could find. I found mp3's of the original artist's version of each song parody, and made 4 CDs called "Weird Al: Back-to-Back". It has the original version followed by the parody. A few of the songs are by other parody artists like Bob Rivers. The kids don't have much patience for some of the lame originals, but it's a good way to expose them to some music they otherwise would probably never listen to on their own.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Legal precedence has shown that in cases where any property that later is determined to have been stolen, the "I got it from a friend" defense is sufficient. Good to know, eh?

Wonder when W.A.Y. will do an online piracy song? Or a parody of one of his OWN parodies... idea!

I don't advocate p2p file sharing that violates copyright laws.
    Just out of curiosity, though, I noticed KaZaA took a huge legal hit recently, and that file sharing using all KaZaA derivatives is basically shutdown.

Some people that used KaZaA (or maybe Kazaa Lite K++ with DietK add-on) for many years to find music or video files, might be wondering what would be a good alternative p2p sharing solution that offers decent anonymity and no spyware/adware with the client?
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Picked up the album today. Make sure to get the Dual Disk version. 1 side DVD other side CD. A pretty good album, not the best out of the lot by far but not the lesser. It seems that Al might be getting weary of his craft and it seems to show in his creativity but he still seems to come up with great stuff irregardless. Besides all the songs they have been playing(which are my favs) "Virus Alert" and "Weasel Stomping Day" are my favs on the album itself.
    Go to his MYSPACE.COM/WEIRDAL to check out the White and Nerdy vid!!!
    He spoofs the Star Wars Kid!!! And, a scene where he goes into a back alley and makes a seemingly down-low transaction. What's in the bag? The Star Wars Holiday Special!!!!!!!
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

For anyone that has access to XM radio, Weird Al will be on the 80s channel at 7pm eastern. I'm pretty sure DirecTV carries that channel. Or, you might be able to listen using the free 3 day trial here
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I love it when W.A.Y. gets organized. He still keeps his albums (yup, you heard me right... they'll always be albums to me) in the same pattern:

track #5, 6, or 7 will be his polka remix of current songs (since the last one on a tape or LP often was, and his albums have around 10 to 12 songs)

track 10 or higher will be a rambling stream-of-consciousness masterpiece (his new "Stuck in the Drive-Thru" isn't quite as good as "Albuquerque," but beats "Genius in France" hands down... and is my fave of all of them on S.O.L.)

It took me three stores to find it (one Best Buy was SOLD OUT of all their copies by 4pm). Haven't tried out the DVD side yet. But I am already getting them stuck in my head; excellent! It's like getting closer to the drive thru! (did I mention the drive thru?).

Neither Target nor Wal-Mart seem to carry this, so looks like I'll have to go online or make the drive into town. BCJ, the Best Buy in question wouldn't happen to be the one in San Bernardino, would it?
    Tommy, close your eyes.