Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NECA: Gremlins Figures

Neca finally showed their new line of Gremlins figures at Toy Fair. They look pretty good, and are a lot more articulated then I originally expected. I guess with Hellraiser and Gremlins, NECA's gonna get about as much money as Hasbro does this year.

The pictures and info are from Action-Figure.com. Series 1 of the figures is due out in July consisting of 4 figures: Stripe, Gizmo, Poker Player and The Brain (Shown as a 2-up) Each will come with 8 to 10 points of articulation and be priced around $10.

http://action-figure.com/modules.php...rder=0&thold=0

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I decided to not do attachments, I doubt the images will end up being pulled down from there. And I don't really like to use Steve's server for attaching to much stuff. So go ahead and follow the follow the above link and check them out there.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

thanks for the info, I was already wondering if "The Brain" would be included in the line or if he was a statue, I'm glad it was just a two-up since I definitly want him, he looks so amazing, exactly like in the movie
    I'm not sure on the other though, IMO their heads are too big, they almost look like the bobble-heads (that are also going to be released by NECA) and Gizmo looks kinda weird too
    but the brain is a must-have for me

BTW JJB, do you have any info on when and if a next series will be realeased and what the line-up will be (maybe you read something somewhere)? I hope "stripe" and "razor-stripe" (don't really know their names, I mean the "leaders" in both movies) are in it, and maybe a deluxe boxed razor stripe with spider-legged body ? wishful thinking...
    Last edited by 187-Maul; 02-22-2003 at 01:40 PM.
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

Well, the Gremlin version of Stripe is in the first assortment. I assume that Mohawk will be in the second assortment. It would be silly not to do him. I think they should do the female Gremlin, flasher Gremlin, and the "Batman" Gremlin as well. I'd love to see what they could come up with for the electricity Gremlin. Maybe mold it in clear plastic and have it light up or somthing.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I didn't notice that the one gremlin was supposed to be stripe (althought the hair on his head is pretty obvious), dumb me
    but IMO his face isn't right, he doesn't looks mean enough
    as for a second assortment I'd like to see a Phantom of the Opera Gremlin, maybe a non-transformed stripe (he was black right?), the flying "Batman" Gremlin and a normal Mohawk Gremlin
    but my favorite would really be Deluxe Mohawk Gremlin with spider legs, that was always me favorite scene in the movie
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

Check our our Action Online Media affiliate sites coverage from Figures.com:

http://207.44.204.78/photos/showgall...at=535&thumb=1

The other cool product from NECA we were not able to photograph are the "A Christmas Story" items. Figures, and yes, the infamous Leg Lamp. It will be full-size.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Originally posted by SirSteve
    Check our our Action Online Media affiliate sites coverage from Figures.com:

http://207.44.204.78/photos/showgall...at=535&thumb=1

The other cool product from NECA we were not able to photograph are the "A Christmas Story" items. Figures, and yes, the infamous Leg Lamp. It will be full-size.
    Thanks Steve. I would have directed people to Figures.Com, had I known they had coverage of the Gremlins line. When I looked, I saw the Hellraiser stuff but not Gremlins. Christmas Story figures? Man, what will they come up with next.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Nice. I'm definitely going to have to get these. I was obcessed with this movie way back when - I even bought the little PVC Gremlins statues (they had a small display at a JC Penny store. I had almost every one).

Could someone tell me exactly what a 2-Up is? It's probably self-explanatory, but I'm a little off today .

End...
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

Many companies sculpt their figures 2 sizes up, and then reduce them down for the final figure. Many sculpters find it easier to work that way. Of course you lose some detail doing that, because the sculpters usually sculpt more detail into the 2-ups, then what is possible on the final figure. McFarlane and Mattel and such work a lot in 2-ups.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Many companies sculpt their figures 2 sizes up, and then reduce them down for the final figure. Many sculpters find it easier to work that way. Of course you lose some detail doing that, because the sculpters usually sculpt more detail into the 2-ups, then what is possible on the final figure. McFarlane and Mattel and such work a lot in 2-ups.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    So the Brain figure will be bigger than the others? Or did they mean that just one in the picture is a 2-Up and they'll re-size it later?

End...
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59