N64's Goldeneye would make a great western game!

I was thinking about this the other day while playing Goldeneye, with some visual modifications and a new plot, this game would make a fantastic western game. The double throwing knives and hunting knives for covert action, the double magnums for standard pistols (the heavy .45s, you could redraw the PPK and have it hold only 6 shots to make it a lighter caliber, but faster, gun), redraw the sniper rifle to be a winchester, redraw the shotgun to be an old-west style shotgun, redraw the timed mines to be dynamite with short fuses and the proximity mine to be tripwire dynamite, maybe even make one of the autos into a gatling gun. And so many missions in the game already feel like a western, especially the depot and train missions. You could also have a quick-draw shootout, gambling minigames, and reenactments of famous movie western scenes.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I have still never found a game as fun as that one was when it first came out. It's the only thing I regret about selling my N64. Even though it looks primitive now, it was still the coolest game.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

A fine idea, but wouldn't the mission objectives be in slim supply? Thats what primarily set this game apart from other first person shooters.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

You should try TimeSplitters 2 out. It's very much like GoldenEye and it even has a western level!

I haven't picked up Goldeneye yet, but it sounds interesting. Has there been a Western 1st person shooter on any system? They should base one on one of Clint Eastwood's or John Wayne's movies.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Originally posted by Lord_Malakite
    A fine idea, but wouldn't the mission objectives be in slim supply? Thats what primarily set this game apart from other first person shooters.
    I think for a western, you wouldn't need as many objectives per level, though there's gotta be a way to have interesting mission objectives. Certainly not hurting too many innocent bystanders would be one of them, but beyond that, you could have "steal this" objectives and other stuff like "rescue Indian princess from drunken rogue army troop before princess's tribe attacks town", "head off enemy at the pass after starting avalanche", "end Mexican standoff before cavalry arrives", "steal officer's uniform, steal key, steal tank", "rob bank before the gold leaves town", probably a bunch of others. There are tons of great ideas in the old western films, and depending on what kind of character the lead is, you could really have a lot of missions to do.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Have you been playing Custer's Revenge for the Atari 2600 again JT???

"Roger Nasty Butler!"

Custer "rescued" that princess real good. Though those arrows flying through the air always killed the mood.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

I haven't played that game since ought-eighty-two, young whipper-snapper!

Actually, I like westerns and pirate movies, I was thinking about how we need more good ones that aren't remakes of something or parodies when all of a sudden I realized I was playing Goldeneye on the N64 with the 2x Cougar Magnums while ducking behind crates and running for cover like in those cool old movies, it was a ton of fun in a very old-west style.