Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

[Poll] What's the best game of all-time?

What is the best video game of all time based on gameplay, overall ingenuity, graphics, etc?

I really like Herzog Zwei for Genesis..
    Currently -- Halo

What is the best board game (card game)?

I vote chess, then Risk -- 2210 is an awesome variation by the way.
    Porkins is Your Daddy!

Thats a hard question to answer. So much so that I don't think I can limit it to just one game. I'd have say it was either one of the games Shigeru Miyamoto (creator of the Super Mario Bros., Legend of Zelda, Donkey Kong, and Star Fox franchises, among other games, and the N64, GCN, and GBA systems) or the late Gumpei Yokoi (creator of Metroid franchise, among other games, and the G & W, Game Boy, SNES, and Virtual Boy systems) created though.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Yeah, now that you mention it I think 007 revolutionized console first person shooter multi-player. Definatly one of the best because of that fact.. And Super Mario Bros... well that is a given.

I need to buy a Genesis
    Porkins is Your Daddy!

Yeah, Goldeye 007 revolutionized first person shooters by adding actual objectives to the game. Rare was responsible for that game. They were also responsible for Conker's Bad Fur Day (the adult oriented equal to a Mario game) and Perfect Dark.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces

Perfect Dark was good, but too late I'm afraid. I enjoyed it but PS2 was close behind, too close for PD to make an impact IMHO.
    Porkins is Your Daddy!

Well I didn't say Perfect Dark revolutionized the gaming industry, but it was indeed a good game. It did improve on the Goldeneye 007 formula. Perfect Dark Zero for the X-Box should turn out to be quite interesting.

I never heard of it. Whats up with all the 'zero' games anyhow?I'll look it up.

I didn't find anything about co-op. That was the coolest part about PD, it was one of the first, if not THE first to include co-op missions. I hope they do this.

Sorry, I didn't mean to post 3x's in a row but...
    Rare has been bought out bt Microsoft.. when did this happen and the screen shots I've seen are horrible. The graphics arn't very clean--that I can see.. how early in production is this game?
    Has it been confirmed?
    Last edited by Lord Malakite; 02-24-2003 at 03:18 PM.
    Porkins is Your Daddy!

I went ahead and merged your three posts into one.

I haven't seen much about the game since it was first announced for the GameCube just prior to the system's release, other than the latest look for Joanna of course. So I couldn't tell you if co-op will be in the game or not, but it has been in the works for some time now.

It is called Perfect Dark Zero because it is supposed to be a prequel to the original game.

Rare was sold by Nintendo to Microsoft late last year (just after the release of Star Fox Adventures). Nintendo didn't find Rare profitable anymore, so Microsoft paid Nintendo quite a hefty sum for the second party.

Break it up, break it up!

The game that I enjoyed the most was Ocarina Of Time! I don't care if it changed anything or whatever, that game was fun.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

My favorite of all time, might just be Final Fantasy II (IV in Japan) on SNES. I have beaten that game sooooo many times, and find that to be the best video game story/ending of all time to this day.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"